PokeSephiroth
fishNAbowl
Denizaari
Madness
14 posters

Go down

A new Video series needs your input Empty A new Video series needs your input

Post  Madness 2014-05-16, 01:20

Hey everyone, for those that dont know me or only know me as Madness, my name is Shawn.

I have been making videos of my tanks, fish room and fish for a few years now and posting them to my YouTube channel : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just put out a video on my Pleco tank and this weekend will have one out on by Bichirs/Polypterus and then one on the fish room. After that I wasnt sure.

Until I came up with a brilliant idea (at least I think so), Smile .

I want to start a video series called, "WHO, WHAT, WHY and HOW". This video series will be about you, the average hobbyist, regardless of what you keep. I would like to come into your home and video your set ups, your fish, your hobby and ask you questions. Ask you the, who are you, what do you keep, why do you keep it, and how you got started. (No I am not a creeper) LOL I am just looking for something new to spice up my channel and give my followers something new to look at. Not to mention, they have all seen my set ups, my decor, my filtration. Everyone does things differently and myself and my followers would love to learn from you as well.

So what do you all say? Can I count on you? Who wants to be the first?

I can post the videos here on the box once completed if you like.

I will also be a part of a radio show about this hobby of ours with my good friends and partners from Aquatic Support Systems, and as I learn from you, and my followers learn from you, I will be choosing some of you to join me on the radio to talk your fish, your hobby.

There are no limits to my travels, if you want me I will make the trip. I would like to start out locally near me and gauge the success first. So again I ask, "WHO WANTS TO BE FIRST"? Dont be shy, step right up. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

A new Video series needs your input Empty Re: A new Video series needs your input

Post  Denizaari 2014-05-16, 07:11

That sounds neat Shawn. I would make one or two and see how many hits you get. If people like that type of series then keep going. I subscribe to your channel and would love to see it. As far as being the "first" one?? My tiny tanks and still learning point of view is not a good first video. I'm sure you will find someone very soon that would love to show off their tanks to ya. TTYS.
Denizaari
Denizaari
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

A new Video series needs your input Empty Re: A new Video series needs your input

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-05-16, 08:20

All I can say to other members that have not met Shawn I can vouch for him. He is not a creeper Very Happy , lol. He has been to my house and is an awesome dude.

That being said, once my tanks get to where I would like them to be I wouldn't mind doing a bio on them.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-05-16, 08:28

Whoa that's awesome! I'm totally up for this project!! Smile granted, I don't know if I'm not close enough to be first lol, but maybe somewhere down the line. But yes, definitely count me in!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-05-16, 11:29

my tanks look terrible right now haha understocked and glass needs scrubbed. By the time the 55 is stocked ill probably have plenty going on to merit totally being one of the videos Very Happy
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-05-16, 11:57

You can shoot my down stairs/ garage tanks..... My wife won't go for videos of our bedrooms. Haha

In garage, I have the 150 rio mag tank, and a 56cube tank( I thinks that's what it's called) full of rio mag and convict fry, and I have a 125 in the living room that is an overstocked cichlid tank....

I need to scrub one of the tanks in the garage first, but this would also give you an excuse to come get the rio mags and the convict fry
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-16, 12:54

Mine are not very exciting right now with a bunch of little tiny growouts and my red isletas in time out. Could film porkchop and thats about it for now. Maybe in a few months when things are more settled in.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-16, 13:01

I say you go to Aquarium Co-Op and shoot a video for the store Very Happy and of Hank
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2014-05-16, 13:14

I might be up for this as well. I'm a GSAS'r  and have been considering doing the homeshow thing but the timing just never seems to be right . . . (shameless plug - I highly recommend coming to our meeting next month as I believe it's the viewing of the homeshow tour at our monthly meeting, come as a guest... you can get more info at the website if interested in learning more.) . . hope that's not a breach of something or other there?

Back to the topic at hand, let me mull it over abit and I'll watch the thread progression and chime in again soon.

Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-16, 13:54

Glad to see some responses, but its not just about the tanks or stock you have, it can be about your love of the hobby. What you have had, or what you want. The video doesnt have to be a lengthy one. You may have just one tank but there is something about how you decorated it that someone is intrigued by, or how you filter it etc....

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:I say you go to Aquarium Co-Op and shoot a video for the store Very Happy and of Hank
This is another idea as well. Wanted to do the hobbyists first then venture to our LFS's.

Since I know Llyod, DMD and FishnaBowl the best, I think we should begin with the local boys first. Lloyd get your stuff in order, and D your next.  Twisted Evil 

I envision this as being really fun, informative and enjoyable, for both us and the viewers.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-05-16, 13:57

Madness wrote:Since I know Llyod, DMD and FishnaBowl the best, I think we should begin with the local boys first.  Lloyd get your stuff in order, and D your next.  Twisted Evil 

I agree with these members getting in on this. They are all very helpful to the site for info and videos would be even better. Very Happy Wink
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-17, 12:36

Moving it to the top with another idea. There is a chance that depending on YouTube responses, that some of you can become regulars on YouTube and the radio show. We want experience and ideas and insight into this wonderful hobby.

Sounds like Lloyd will be first up. Who is next? I dont care how big or small your setup is. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-05-19, 15:56

I'd be down. I had the GSAS homeshow come to my house already, but you're more than welcome too as well!
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-19, 18:08

bronzefighter wrote:I'd be down. I had the GSAS homeshow come to my house already, but you're more than welcome too as well!

You will be number 2, I will be in touch. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-21, 20:16

Looks like I will be visiting Lloyd this weekend for the first entry, then DMD, then if no more locals (COME ON LOCALS, doesnt matter how big the set up is) then up North to Bronze fighter, then I may take 2 days to travel over the MOUNTAIN to Pomeroy and visit BassettMan.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-05-21, 21:04

If you visit Tom.... Bring back some goodies for all of us! He has wonderful fish!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-05-22, 01:52

my house coullllllld be open. Since I finally did some maintance on just about all the tanks. And you could tell me if my green water is green enough or if I'm imagining it haha. Hope you don't have allergies the only animal we are missing is birds LOL not kidding >>
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-22, 02:03

KaraWolf wrote:my house coullllllld be open. Since I finally did some maintance on just about all the tanks.  And you could tell me if my green water is green enough or if I'm imagining it haha. Hope you don't have allergies the only animal we are missing is birds LOL not kidding >>

Thats awesome, no allergies here. Smile

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  bassetman 2014-05-22, 09:40

Let me know when to lock up the guard dogs. Cool
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-05-22, 10:15

I think this is a nice idea!  I like being behind the camera and am too uncomfortable being in front of it to volunteer though! (including speaking)  silent
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-22, 11:38

Betty wrote:I think this is a nice idea!  I like being behind the camera and am too uncomfortable being in front of it to volunteer though! (including speaking)  silent

What? We have to be in the video? I thought it was all about our fish!  jocolor 

I plan on doing my part via sock puppet.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-22, 12:35

haha haha haha haha 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-22, 13:16

Wont be laughing when the puppet comes out for real.

So maybe you could give us all a bit of a heads up. Is this an interview or more like just talking about our tanks? Do you have any standard questions you were going to ask, if so what?

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-22, 13:29

I want a natural response not a rehearsed response.  Twisted Evil 

Mainly I want to start the video while I drive over, then as I pull up and enter. And then again introducing the hobbyist, (either on camera or off, you dont have to be viable just your voice). Ask you about each tank we visit, what you have in there and what is going on in each tank. Maybe how your filtering it, how often you do water changes, if you have anything cool that stands out that the viewers may like, I will ask you about it as well. Maybe ask when you got started, and if you have any plans for new fish or tanks.

Pretty much the basics.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-22, 13:38

Sounds good.

Was just curios, since I do all interviews in the nude, well except for the sock puppet, just wanted to make sure I would not have to be on camera.  jocolor 

I will be fully dressed and it sounds like it will be fun.  Very Happy 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-05-22, 13:50

DMD123 wrote:Was just curios, since I do all interviews in the nude, well except for the sock puppet,  just wanted to make sure I would not have to be on camera.  jocolor 
 haha  that's one way to get viewers Suspect 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-22, 13:57

So we have a way to get female viewers, now I need to a way to get male viewers.

Any woman up for DMD's idea? cheers What a Face  Woot Woot   Rolling Eyes   Buhler, Buhler, Buhler.......
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-05-22, 21:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-22, 23:00

Betty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LMAO, love it Betty.  LMFAO 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-22, 23:55

There is always this option:
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-05-23, 01:06

Might be mistaken for an old school Saints fan though DMD.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-23, 11:30

dwarfpike wrote:Might be mistaken for an old school Saints fan though DMD.

Or a Lion's fan...
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-05-23, 12:00

HEY, QUIT DERAILING MY THREAD.   Mad 

Dont make me take other actions.  boxing  Violent Nut Kick
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-23, 12:15

Sorry, my bad! (Sock puppet made me do it)
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-05-24, 11:06

Madness wrote:HEY, QUIT DERAILING MY THREAD.   Mad 

Dont make me take other actions.  boxing  Violent Nut Kick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-05-26, 18:55

I encourage all of you to let Shawn (madness) come take videos/ pictures of your tanks. He just got done with mine. I had a great time visiting, talking fish, and showing off my fish even with some chaos in one tank and some dirtiness in another... Now, I'm excited to see how my video turns out. Thanks for coming out and doing this, I appreciate it!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-05-26, 18:58

Cant wait to see it!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down