I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks

+3
fishNAbowl
KaraWolf
DMD123
7 posters

Go down

I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Empty I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks

Post  DMD123 2014-04-28, 17:05

Just thought I would start this one to get you guys to post pics. You know who you are, the ones with the hot pink gravel and neon plants.

So the title says it all, 'I know its not natural, but I love the way it looks'

Lets see those tanks!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Empty Re: I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks

Post  DMD123 2014-04-28, 17:10

So for those that are like: 'what are you talking about?'
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks 15919_10
NOT my picture, from here: http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/photo-main.php/37299
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Empty Re: I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-28, 17:58

UGH I would but my 30 that is the neon purple glory broke in a water test and I haven't replaced it yet. Its supposed to have cherry barbs and several dwarf gourami
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-28, 18:09

I bought a tank that had a horrible burgundy colored gravel, I posted it on Craigslist and someone actually bought it. Yes, they paid me money for it!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2014-04-28, 18:54

hahahh think all the plastic purple plants you can get your hands on, plus a bright yellow, and a lime green. Gravel is 2.5 parts purple 1 part black, with orange and purple granite center piece XP and I did this on purpose XD but the darn thing broke the trim in storage and then fell off, and so tested it and the whole bottom cracked >.< so now I'm gonna see what I can do about the most awesome anole tank with a waterfall ever instead. Still Hmmming on how to get the water to the top and not look idiotic.
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-28, 21:44

Suspect -My 1st tank was a 55 gal acrylic. I used back and white gravel mixed with red glass marbles. Does that count? Ill see if I can dig up old pictures...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-04-28, 21:46

[quote="DMD123"]
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks 15919_10

tongue - Mmm_fruity pebbles
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-28, 23:21

Does this count? My first african cichlid tank 55gal with Japanese theme with a pile of rocks (stacked up but looks like a pile of rocks).I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks 128_9110

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-28, 23:50

This was my 15 gallon tank, it was a joke setup, that LamentalJester and I came up with when we were setting up out 15 gallon column tanks. Hahahaha... Needless to say, I only put those pokemon toys in there JUST to take the picture, then took them out shortly after =P

Don't even ask me why I didn't stick with JUST water type pokemon, believe me. I wanted to. I just didn't have many water types on hand =P
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Pict0110
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Pict0111
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Pict0011
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-28, 23:54

SiRWesDragon wrote:Does this count? My first african cichlid tank 55gal with Japanese theme with a pile of rocks (stacked up but looks like a pile of rocks).

An African/Asian fusion... very interesting

PokeSephiroth wrote:Needless to say, I only put those pokemon toys in there JUST to take the picture, then took them out shortly after =P
Sure you did...  Wink 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-28, 23:55

you caught me. =P I kept em in there for a good while until algae started growing on them. LOL
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-04-29, 02:00

Blastoise, I chose you!

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-04-29, 02:14

I hope that was after pikachu stopped randomly thundershocking Ash, else those water types are in big trouble.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-29, 14:16

PERKERCHER!!! Very Happy

I feel like I want to do another "non-natural" looking tank... but done right. Like, maybe make it look like a sandy beach, or an island surrounded with blue gravel, etc...
Just NOT that pesky Super Mario Setup that has been floating around the interwebs as ofl ate.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-04-29, 14:32

But Super Mario is the best!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-29, 16:39

Ive seen tons of Sponge Bob set ups too. Way overdone!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-29, 16:40

Someone needs to do a saltwater setup with My Little Mermaid.

SOMEONE DOO EET NAO!!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-29, 17:13

PokeSephiroth wrote:Someone needs to do a saltwater setup with My Little Mermaid.

SOMEONE DOO EET NAO!!

The hardest part is finding a mermaid!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-29, 17:15

DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-29, 17:33

My puffers tank was set up sponge bob when I got it. Erf. I changed that out. I let him keep squidwords head and then I ended up taking that away too. I like the mario one though lol. I just saw one on another forum that they did a sunken plane and crash scene under water lol
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-04-29, 17:53

Ok, I admit I do like this new Nat. Geo. decor at Petsmart. Its got this entire underwater cave background which I cant find any pic of just yet. But then you can add all these cool pieces.
I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Ppetna11 I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Index14I know its not natural looking, but I like the way it looks Index110

I would then do a dark substrate to get the full cave effect and add some blind cave fish and some sort of albino catfish for the bottom. Its just so themed that it makes it cheesy but kind of cool. Actually glo fish and the right light and it would totally pop.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-29, 18:26

Those sunken shipwreck/plane wrecks look neat when don right though! Very Happy

TITANIC! DOOO EEET
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down