Go down

The Pet Works - Olympia Empty The Pet Works - Olympia

Post  anderson_p_r 2014-04-24, 19:13

Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality of Fish ?
Variety 2
Service 5

Excited to see a new pet store here in Oly. They didn't have very many fish in stock when I stopped in, they've only been open 6 weeks. The space they've chosen to use as a fish room is massive, I really hope they expand and can become a destination fish stop in the south sound. I'd love to update this in a few months and see how things progress.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

The Pet Works - Olympia Empty Re: The Pet Works - Olympia

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2014-04-25, 11:08

I love their Astoria store and I do alot of work down there with them. Glad to see them expanding. Longview, Astoria and Olympia locations now.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-04-25, 12:31

Overall Experience 5
Cost - Will be Updated
Quality of Fish - Will be Updated
Variety - Will be Updated
Service 5

I met Larry, my friend, and also the store manager, when I went to drop off some of my straw shrimp projects, and the building itself is really cool. It used to be an old train station, if I remember correctly, so the building has some history to it, I bet! There weren't any fish set up, when I was there, so my review isn't totally complete. I will update my review, when I visit them when they have more fish in stock. Overall, it's a good place to go, if you're within, or near, Thurston County (Olympia and surrounding areas).
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  discus_2013 2014-04-26, 22:23

Never heard of this one, is it well stocked? How big is their selection.
discus_2013
discus_2013
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2014-04-27, 18:27

Selection is very limited as of yet. I picked up some fish this weekend and they seem nice and healthy. They currently have almost 1,000 gallons of freshwater and they're planning on trippling it I think? Sounds like they're also going to add saltwater.
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  discus_2013 2014-08-05, 18:55

Overall experience 5
Cost 5
Quality 4
Variety 4
Service 5

I just went to this one in Olympia and let me just say while the quantity is still small the quality and variety are solid for the area they had apistos, electric blue jack dempsey, golden jack dempsey, ornate bichirs, jewel cichlids.... a Congo puffer which I bought.... and all the other little stuff. When I bought my fish I didn't have my tank set up for it so they held it for me and they even got other buyers trying to snipe it while I was gone and they still held it for three days for me, I needed a lot of sand for my 125 and they offered to discount it for me, any question I had they had an answer and where very nice and polite... while they don't have many tanks set up they have another wall cycling so needless to say I will be a loyal customer for a long time and for all you oly peeps it is a breath of fresh air compared to the other aquatic shops in the area and I suggest you check them out.

Oh and they have black calvus which I really want.
discus_2013
discus_2013
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down