kingneptune
MRTom
fishNAbowl
hobbyorobsession
Aquarium Co-Op
Madness
21 posters

Go down

Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this Empty Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this

Post  Madness 2014-02-15, 00:24

As Cory knows all to well, cleaning up a boat load of water is no picnic.

I did get luck and it wasnt a tank that busted, instead my washing machine ran for 3 hours, water in the top and straight out the bottom. The entire main floor of my house was under water. The packers and movers were here today and the demo crew tomorrow. 4 tanks had to be tore down and all contents relocated.

Lesson learned, maintenance on your washing machine, keep up on it.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this Empty Re: Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-15, 00:41

I've got 2 carpet blowers and 2 dehumidifiers I can loan ya.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this Empty Re: Everyones worst nightmare - Cory Knows this

Post  hobbyorobsession 2014-02-15, 00:50

oh damn that would suck. absolute nightmare. sorry you have to go through all that.
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-02-15, 01:04

Wow Madness....
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MRTom 2014-02-15, 01:06

Sorry to hear dude, that is a nightmare!
MRTom
MRTom
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  kingneptune 2014-02-15, 01:07

Too much flooding going around recently. Really sorry about your situation. Baking soda on the carpets will help immensely with the smell. I hope everyone survives the move. If any of your inhabitants need temporary housing let us know.
kingneptune
kingneptune
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-15, 02:05

Thanks everyone. I found homes already, lost 5 of the Africans and hopefully no more. This floor is beyond the smell its ruined.

Thanks for the offer Cory, I have the demo crew bringing in fans and dehumidifiers tomorrow. The insurance is covering it all.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2014-02-15, 03:58

Oh man... Sorry to hear about that Madness... Thank goodness insurance is covering it though!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Dawg 2014-02-15, 06:42

Let me kno if there is anything I can do to help. I'll free up my time to come help man just give me a buzz. And iam very sorry to see this I worrie about sumin like this every day. I'll try to call ya tomorrow, by the way very good job on the video. It's very good, the topic just sux man. Can't wait to see what you do with a happy video..so hope everything goes good and there's not too much damage.

Nate Dawg
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2014-02-15, 07:32

Sorry to hear about that mess Madness. Sounds like things are moving along as far as repairs but I can understand your frustrations...no fun. On the flip side of things --- great intro on your video ... very nice!!!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-02-15, 11:11

I can't believe that you didn't share this earlier! I would have helped you out too. If there is anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask, even if it's just a need for storage....I have a two car garage that I use for storage and a few more things wouldn't matter at all.

Or even if you need an extra hand setting thing a back up....
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-02-15, 11:52

Sorry shawn. I saw the text pic you sent but didn't expect it to be real bad. Good thing some of fishes went to Darren (pro cichlid keeper). Well good thing insurance is paying everything.  Did you pay extra for that coverage and what is it called "flood coverage" or something. Now makes me want to insure my stuff. Is there an insurance coverage for aquarium problems?

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2014-02-15, 13:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2014-02-15, 12:39

That sucks!!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2014-02-15, 12:48

Madness, so sorry for what you are having to deal with!  I hope it doesn't take long to get everything back in order.

I have a recent flood story as well -- it involves a city sewer line and a flooded basement.  As you can imagine, a lot of things had to go to the dump.  Mad
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  plaamoo 2014-02-15, 12:58

Oh the irony. How many gallons of aquariums do you have and it's the washing machine that floods?! Sorry for your trouble, glad you have insurance!!

plaamoo
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2014-02-15, 18:04

That's awful. Sad Good luck!!
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2014-02-15, 20:33

That's freaking crazy! I'm glad that none of your fish died! Maybe you could have the demo remodel for more room so you can add more tanks Smile
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  InfamousRedlineZ 2014-02-15, 20:38

damn man thats crazy! hope everything is all good
InfamousRedlineZ
InfamousRedlineZ

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2014-02-16, 11:28

Wow. Makes you want to get rid of your washing machine and take your clothes down to the crick.
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-16, 13:08

PokeSephiroth wrote:Oh man... Sorry to hear about that Madness... Thank goodness insurance is covering it though!

Yes they are, and I will find out today once the DEMO crew finally gets here and gets it all tore out, if I have to go live in a Hotel for a month.

Nate Dawg wrote:Let me kno if there is anything I can do to help. I'll free up my time to come help man just give me a buzz. And iam very sorry to see this I worrie about sumin like this every day. I'll try to call ya tomorrow, by the way very good job on the video. It's very good, the topic just sux man. Can't wait to see what you do with a happy video..so hope everything goes good and there's not too much damage.

Thanks bud. I may call upon you to help put the tanks back together. Smile

cichlid-gal wrote:Sorry to hear about that mess Madness.  Sounds like things are moving along as far as repairs but I can understand your frustrations...no fun.  On the flip side of things --- great intro on your video ... very nice!!!

No repairs yet, still waiting for demo to get done.

lloyd378 wrote:I can't believe that you didn't share this earlier! I would have helped you out too. If there is anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask, even if it's just a need for storage....I have a two car garage that I use for storage and a few more things wouldn't matter at all.

Or even if you need an extra hand setting thing a back up....

Thanks bud, I know you would have. Insurance took care of everything and is storing EVERYTHING, including things that didnt need stored or taken.  Mad  I man call upon your assistance to help put the tanks back together. Smile

SiRWesDragon wrote:Sorry shawn. I saw the text pic you sent but didn't expect it to be real bad. Good thing some of fishes went to Darren (pro cichlid keeper). Well good thing insurance is paying everything.  Did you pay extra for that coverage and what is it called "flood coverage" or something. Now makes me want to insure my stuff. Is there an insurance coverage for aquarium problems?

Your standard home owners insurance covers this. Even with the tanks, I didnt need to pay for more coverage. I do believe renters insurance does not cover tanks or water without extra coverage. From what I've learned you can purchase insurance for your tanks and any issues that may occur, but you can not insure the fish, or any live stock, including plants.

MorganEA wrote:That sucks!!

Smile

Betty wrote:Madness, so sorry for what you are having to deal with!  I hope it doesn't take long to get everything back in order.

I have a recent flood story as well -- it involves a city sewer line and a flooded basement.  As you can imagine, a lot of things had to go to the dump.  Mad

plaamoo wrote:Oh the irony. How many gallons of aquariums do you have and it's the washing machine that floods?! Sorry for your trouble, glad you have insurance!!

Oh Betty, That would suck, yea everything to the dump on that one.  Super Puke 

pbmax wrote:That's awful. Sad Good luck!!

Thanks

Will I am wrote:That's freaking crazy! I'm glad that none of your fish died! Maybe you could have the demo remodel for more room so you can add more tanks Smile

I have lost 5 fish so far, one is not looking good, and my Peruvian Festae pair that was in the living room, after I relocated them he beat her up. So she is in quarantine until this is finished.

InfamousRedlineZ wrote:damn man thats crazy! hope everything is all good

So far. If these damn demo guys would get here and get **** done. This is going to be a stressful remodel.  Mad 

dwarfpike wrote:Wow. Makes you want to get rid of your washing machine and take your clothes down to the crick.

LOL Exactly. Or was your clothes in a fish tank, they are more durable.  cheers 
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2014-02-16, 14:45

Sweet. Homeowners insurance covers it all except livestock. Better than none.

Back to top Go down

Post  hyp3rcrav3 2014-02-16, 15:14

What insurance companies pay never seems to be enough to cover everything lost, much less if it has personal value for some reason or another.

hyp3rcrav3

Back to top Go down

Post  NYK 2014-02-16, 22:32

Sorry about your home madness. Ive actually experinced your nightmare. My house is just now coming toghter after a recent flood in my kicthen. My bathroom and kitchen floor plus livingroom carpet were destroyed. Best wishes to you, hang in there.
NYK
NYK
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-16, 23:36

NYK wrote:Sorry about your home madness.  Ive actually experinced your nightmare. My house is just now coming toghter after a recent flood in my kicthen. My bathroom and kitchen floor plus livingroom carpet were destroyed. Best wishes to you, hang in there.

Thank you
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-17, 00:01

So whats the verdict from the demo crew?
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-17, 01:49

Apparently, the clean up crew is very busy and they finally made it out today, in which they didnt start demoing. All they did was remove the carpet pad set up 15 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. Tomorrow they are finally going to start with the demo.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2014-02-17, 10:41

I <3 Demolition. Make sure to get lots of footage! Hopefully they can get it done and cleaned up quickly!
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2014-02-17, 14:03

Just saw this. Sorry to hear about the flooding, glad it was not a tank. Look on the bright side, its a mini remodel with new carpet and flooring. Might also get them to reinforce the floor so you can get more tanks in there.....
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-02-17, 17:40

They are telling me the carpet is salvageable. F that, it is stained beyond belief and it smells. Not to mention all the vinyl and kitchen cabinets.

This better turn out positive.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2014-02-17, 20:32

They need to redo all of it! If your going to the trouble of fixing remodeling it. Make them do new stuff.
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-02-17, 20:47

I'm no carpet expert. But in my research, carpet can be professionally cleaned. it's the padding etc that has to be replaced 100%. But yeah, I'd be arguing for new, cause why not?
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down