6 posters

Go down

This hits home in more ways than one Empty This hits home in more ways than one

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-12-22, 21:54

cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

This hits home in more ways than one Empty Re: This hits home in more ways than one

Post  bassetman 2013-12-22, 22:47

This is the same this is the same china that has been shipping everything from toys to dog food with poison on it in the last few years?
bassetman
bassetman
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

This hits home in more ways than one Empty Re: This hits home in more ways than one

Post  Chiisai 2013-12-22, 22:57

Craziest part about this... its a wild caught batch that was SUPPOSEDLY tainted with arsinic. It wasnt even a hatchery.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-12-22, 23:39

I don't blame them. Radiation levels are getting to the point where people should be evacuated, but according to our government, some radiation is safe... I doubt that.

Expect levels to increase and see more stillbirths/defects around coastal cities. Sad
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-12-23, 03:21

I don't think it helps I live right by a nuclear sub base pale 
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-12-23, 10:48

CrazedAce wrote:I don't blame them. Radiation levels are getting to the point where people should be evacuated, but according to our government, some radiation is safe... I doubt that.

Expect levels to increase and see more stillbirths/defects around coastal cities. Sad

If you dont like radiation you better ditch your microwave and most of your larger electronics...
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-12-23, 22:17

guys.... asarco dumped all sorts of goodies into the puget sound for decades.. its clearly possible that some of those heavy metals managed to work their way up/down the coast. i remember about 5 years ago the affected area was north tacoma alone, now it stretches from olympia to renton, and all the way out near port orchard area. all this being said i highly doubt anyone will stop farming up our shellfish, i know i spend plenty of time collecting my own clams, crabs, and oysters. just gotta be careful what you take, when you take it, and where its taken from. personally i just go after the typical steamer clams (commonly referred to as "butters") dungeoness crab, and the french oysters (im sorry i dont remember the name, its a species introduced to the area specifically for harvesting)
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-12-24, 00:03

cichlid-gal wrote:China puts bans on shellfish from Washington and Alaska

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/12/17/china-bans-our-shellfish-over-safety-concerns

btw its California to Alaska... that adds a bit more shoreline to the ban  Razz 
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down