Hemichromis Hybrid fry aggession

4 posters

Go down

Hemichromis Hybrid fry aggession Empty Hemichromis Hybrid fry aggession

Post  Will I am 2013-11-20, 12:58

Down to 2 of these guys. I have 1 in a 50g and 1 in a 90g all by themselves. I tried to put them together in my 90g. This all happened probably 1 min after I put them together. First time I've seen them like this. My F1 Fasciatus fry are like this to each other at 1". I now have them separated again.

Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Hemichromis Hybrid fry aggession Empty Re: Hemichromis Hybrid fry aggession

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-20, 13:24

Wow thats crazy. They are suppose to do ok with each other.. maybe its a love hate relationship?
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-20, 13:55

I've never seen these guys ok with each other. So far, my H. Fasciatus fry have been the craziest fish I've ever kept. They are relentless towards each other at 1". The alpha fry will not stop killing until he/she is the last one left. Worst I've seen, come home, turn the lights on for the fry tank see 6 dead. Take the 6 out, take a shower... Come back to bag fry... Now there's 11 dead... These fish truly are aggressive of each other and it's extremely interesting that it starts at about 1". By far the craziest thing you'll ever witness.
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-20, 22:38

i second that..... they are far more aggressive at 1 inch than any other fish ive ever seen
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-20, 23:35

Lloyd, I had put them together because your pics of the 2 together inspired me! Didn't work out in my case =(
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-21, 00:32

That's crazy! Mine grew out in a 20L now they are living peacefully in a56g with a couple of black umbee growouts..... Peacefully
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-11-21, 10:07

Mortal combat is a great name for that video...and I like the red background on the tank...VIVID!
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-21, 11:26

lloyd378 wrote:That's crazy! Mine grew out in a 20L now they are living peacefully in a56g with a couple of black umbee growouts..... Peacefully
Maybe I need some Black Unbee grow outs!!! All I have in my 90g is one of these guys now...
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-21, 11:28

cichlid-gal wrote:Mortal combat is a great name for that video...and I like the red background on the tank...VIVID!
Thanks! My first time painting red. Wanted to do something different as people usually do blue or black. I'm thinking I just might try yellow next. We'll see, I do have an empty 90g just sitting in the garage. Also first time doing black sand, I think I like the natural sand better.
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-23, 16:16

You jinxed me will!!!!! I came out today to find my larger one currently eating the face off of the smaller one...also found two of my black umbee with ripped up fins. These really are solo fish from the start!
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-23, 16:34

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sorry bro! These fish are dam aggressive!!! I just had to pull my male out from my WC pair. He almost killed my female again with babies in the tank! I don't know what the heck is going on!
I tried again to put the 2 hybrid babies together. This time I added 2 jags, 1 dovii all a little bit bigger than these guys. Went fine for about 15min then all hell broke lose. Had to pull one of the hybrids out and both jags and dovii have been sent to the "corner" for detention... Looks like I'll just have to keep these guys solo. I guess I could try to over populate the tank...

Sorry for your loss btw! Didn't mean to jinx you! I want everyone to have some of these babies! They're just soooooo dam crazy! I guess we have to put them with fish at least twice their size??? That worked with lil D pretty well.

I'll have some F1 Fasciatus here in a couple months!
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 16:44

I think being a MFK is loads of fun. I mean if nothing else just trying to breed brings whole new challenges. You dont have guppies trying to kill ANYTHING else in the tank. With agressive monster fish your pair could kill each other out of spite before any love making begins. I love me a good challenge!!!
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-23, 17:12

Chiisai wrote:I think being a MFK is loads of fun. I mean if nothing else just trying to breed brings whole new challenges. You dont have guppies trying to kill ANYTHING else in the tank. With agressive monster fish your pair could kill each other out of spite before any love making begins. I love me a good challenge!!!
You are right! Truly fun and challenging! You want a challenge, you should try to raise some of these fish! The aggression they carry in their hearts at 1" is just truly amazing! When they decide to take a tank, they're just relentless. Truly amazing to watch!

I see that Dovii's are your favorite fish, these fish seem right up your way. Don't say I didn't warn you! =)
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 17:16

I would love too however the wife is getting upset that I have all these huge fish tanks that only hold 1 fish per tank Head Wall 
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-23, 17:21

Chiisai wrote:I would love too however the wife is getting upset that I have all these huge fish tanks that only hold 1 fish per tank Head Wall 
LOL! I feel ya! Well if you ever get room, let me know! I'll have some ready in 2 months or so.
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 17:35

2 months gives me lots of time to buy her roses, gifts, ect to butter her up for another tank. If I try to get another tank now she is threatening to have me admitted to FA(fish-aholics Anonymous). Any idea on what your going to be asking for em? Hoping to get a pair so might get dozen or so because I have the worst luck getting female fish.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-23, 17:41

Chiisai wrote:2 months gives me lots of time to buy her roses, gifts, ect to butter her up for another tank. If I try to get another tank now she is threatening to have me admitted to AA(fish-aholics Anonymous)
LMFAO:lol!: To Dam funny! I need more tanks myself! I have 4 tanks will 1 fish pretty much on all of them. No room for anything else... I do however have an empty 90g sitting in my garage Puffy 
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 18:03

4? Damn I have 19 up and running... Shhh dont tell me wife. She will pull the plug if she thinks I have more then most people. Only reason I am allowed on this site is I showed her Madness's tanks so she thinks I am not that bad.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  Will I am 2013-11-23, 18:50

LOL! I wish I had that many! I just got back into the hobby a few years back. I hope to get many more tanks and I'm just glad to be back into my favorite hobby!
I'm suprised your wife let you have that many!!! You probably have to hire someone to clean that many tanks lol!
Will I am
Will I am

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down