Betty
dwarfpike
lloyd378
KaraWolf
CrazedAce
BillHN
11 posters

Go down

Whose south of Lakewood? Empty Whose south of Lakewood?

Post  BillHN 2013-11-10, 13:52

<-- I know I am. 
I know there are others. It's just rare finding other fish boxers from the area.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Whose south of Lakewood? Empty Re: Whose south of Lakewood?

Post  CrazedAce 2013-11-10, 13:59

I am! I keep referring people from our area to this site as well, but I haven't seen any post yet. Sad
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-10, 14:06

Fort Lewis technically counts XDDD Does Spanaway count? *quite possibly moving soon yay*
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-11-10, 14:49

Addicted2ca, and myself live in spanaway which is about 5 minutes from madness, and 9 minutes from dmd. There are also two other members in here from spanaway... I know their real names but can't remember their forum names
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  dwarfpike 2013-11-10, 14:53

I had to look up where Lakewood was ... Embarassed 
dwarfpike
dwarfpike
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-11-10, 15:01

I'm in McKenna (home of Stewart's Meats), between Roy and Yelm. I go through Ft. Lewis or Spanaway to get to civilization. Very Happy 
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-11-10, 15:51

Hmm, I don't know of any fish boxers south of Lakewood. Suspect 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  escapay 2013-11-10, 17:06

I'm south... about 2 hours south of Lakewood. Laughing 

escapay
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeB 2013-11-23, 04:58

Well I am in Lakewood Smile I guess that's not south but close enough Razz In fact billy you know where I live Rolling Eyes 

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-11-23, 12:16

I'm in Lakewood.....Originally from Tacoma,My wife and I moved here a about 5 years ago. It's a nice area. I'm actually headed towards lacey later today.My nephew's Bday party is at a kids palace called Charlie's Safari. I don't ususally go towards lacey for any particular reason,but I have done so more often since I made my 1st visit to Cabela's. That store is really cool. And they have a monster fish tank,full of game fish,in case you FishBoxers around here didn't know that already. I wish there was some better Fish stores in our area,especially for cichlids. Alas,they all seem to be closer to seattle,or Oregon.
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-11-23, 12:18

master chi wrote:I'm in Lakewood.....Originally from Tacoma,My wife and I moved here a about 5 years ago. It's a nice area. I'm actually headed towards lacey later today.My nephew's Bday party is at a kids palace called Charlie's Safari. I don't ususally go towards lacey for any particular reason,but I have done so more often since I made my 1st visit to Cabela's. That store is really cool. And they have a monster fish tank,full of game fish,in case you FishBoxers around here didn't know that already. I wish there was some better Fish stores in our area,especially for cichlids. Alas,they all seem to be closer to seattle,or Oregon.
heehhe my husband loves that store. And this is where I hang out when I've gotten bored of the archery and possibly camping section. Giant fish tank of awesome XD
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 14:31

Im in Graham/spanaway'ish area. I think thats means south, though I think its more South east than anything. Yeah cichlids seem to not be popular at the LFS. I was at petsmart lastnight picking up more heaters for some fish I got from Lloyd and they told me they were going to stop carrying Oscars, red parots, red devils, convicts, and dempseys... which just leaves them with angels and "assorted african" cichlid wise. I suspect most of the big chain stores selection is based om demographics. Kinda bums me out that there is more south/central american fish sold.
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-11-23, 15:54

It's their own faults. These stores perpetuate issues in regards to fishkeeping. Not properly housing them,not properly labeling the tanks. Giving fairly inaccurate info to customers on how to keep them,and often providing hybrids sold as pure. They don't care,so now that the cichlid keepers know that,we don't give them our business.Almost my entire stock has come from either online breeders,or wafishboxers.I wouldn't touch the chain stores fish stock with a ten foot pelvic fin.I would however gladly support a LFS specialty shop,but there just isn't any outside of Aquarium Paradise in this area,and  even they often exhibit some of the same  poor practices the big stores do. SMH.Crying or Very sad
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiisai 2013-11-23, 16:36

Sumner pet store is DECENT(not good or great) they have a larger variety but the store always feels overcrowded with tanks and some day their tanks dont look well kept. Maybe we should get corey to start another Co-Op down south Wink
Chiisai
Chiisai

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-11-24, 10:06

Chiisai wrote:Maybe we should get corey to start another Co-Op down south Wink
I give him crap about that now and then. It's his fault we don't have a good LFS down here. Shocked Suspect 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down