Information on flounders needed

3 posters

Go down

Information on flounders needed Empty Information on flounders needed

Post  lloyd378 2013-10-16, 00:23

Growing up I had a 40g community tank set up in my bedroom that had fresh water flounders in it. I have no idea what the scientific name was, except that they were given this nickname. I would like to locate them again and add them to my current planted tank. The last time I had them was about 20years ago. I saw something similar at a lfs store called hill stream loaches. However,they arent the same fish. For those of you from the puyallup area, I used to buy them at a pet shop called brigadune pets. Man I miss that store and now I'm missing the fresh water flounders. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Lloyd
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Information on flounders needed Empty Re: Information on flounders needed

Post  DMD123 2013-10-16, 00:30

You mean a 'Hogchoker'? LMFAO  That is one of the names they are called, really they are, look it up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-10-16, 00:36

That's what they looked like, but I didn't have a brackish tank back then, and I had them for years..... I also didn't have to do anything special to feed them. But if All that I can get now are brackish species, maybe I'll get a hillstream loach (aka poor mans ray) thanks for the info
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick_87 2013-10-16, 13:09

They are kind of like the silvertip catfish I have heard. They are fine in freshwater but as they grow older they need a little salt to survive. I saw them at midway pets a few months back and have always wanted to get some of those cool little guys.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down