LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank

3 posters

Go down

LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank Empty LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-09-13, 00:25

Hello guys,

I thought I would share some pics I just went out and took at the only time I can get good shots of this tank, after dark. I have this tank out in my greenhouse since it has a leak after the last time I moved it, and since then it seems to be doing pretty well. This was actually my first real fish tank, aside from the tiny acrylic bookshelf sized ones from my childhood. I got this about 3 years ago I think, and had just gravel and fake plants in it for a long time. I started planting it up about 3 months ago, maybe a little less, and I re-did it about a month ago now with black sand and pretty much all new plants.

I have fancy Guppies, Red Cherry Shrimp, one last Ghost Shrimp, a Clown Pleco, a Longfin Albino Bristlenose Pleco, a few hitchhiking snails, and quite a few plants now. My favorite is probably the java moss attached to the wood; I used fishing line twisted around the wood to keep the moss on the wood initially, but now it's just attached on its own. The Val is doing well recently, and is starting to spread fast. I also keep a Water Hyacinth in here, because I have been feeding too much to the pregnant Guppies and I figure it can take up some of the waste from the water.

This is the first time I have taken pics of this tank since I re-did it, and I think they turned out pretty good!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pair of Guppies

Juvenile Guppies are starting to get some color!

This is probably my favorite pic from tonight, that hair algae to the right looks... nice. Yay nature! RCS on Water Hyacinth

RCS on Marimo, they are not very red because it's nighttime

RCS on Java Moss, this lady has some more color to her

This is my last Ghost Shrimp, originally from PetSmart... this guy is pretty tough

Any feedback is appreciated, I will update this next time I get a chance to take pictures.
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank Empty Re: LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank

Post  Guest 2013-09-13, 00:34

Very nice setup.

Back to top Go down

LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank Empty Re: LuminousAphid's 10 Gallon Leaky Greenhouse Tank

Post  DMD123 2013-09-13, 00:45

That looks nice. Spot On 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-09-13, 00:52

Show me the catfish!
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-09-13, 09:54

I can never get a good look at them, the clown pleco nearly always hides under the wood, and the albino is still getting used to things and is a bit shy

Thanks for the compliments guys!
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down