Any apistogramma breeders out there?

5 posters

Go down

Any apistogramma breeders out there? Empty Any apistogramma breeders out there?

Post  twoohsix 2013-09-12, 21:40

Anybody have experience with breeding apistos in 10g tanks? What type of filtration did you use and brand?

twoohsix
Fry

Back to top Go down

Any apistogramma breeders out there? Empty Re: Any apistogramma breeders out there?

Post  CrazedAce 2013-09-13, 00:02

I haven't bred apistos yet, but I am planning on it. My strategy will be to use a 30gal as most apistos are harem breeders, meaning 1m/2-3f. Sponge filter all the way, especially if you're only using a ten. It will help produce food in the tank for the fry once they are free swimming. What type of apisto are you planning on breeding?
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Any apistogramma breeders out there? Empty Re: Any apistogramma breeders out there?

Post  Guest 2013-09-13, 01:33

I think fishyladdy is breeding them or in progress of breeding them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2013-09-13, 01:36

I've bred them in 10g tanks before. Small sponge filter is all you need to breed and raise fry.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelman 2013-09-15, 22:50

I have 5 different kinds of apistogramma's I'm working with right now... all in 10 gallon tanks.
Angelman
Angelman

http://p4angels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishyladdy 2013-09-15, 23:04

I've got mine in a 12 gallon with a sponge filter 2 females and one males they seem to like iit Smile
fishyladdy
fishyladdy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down