PokeSephiroth's Fishtank Videos

5 posters

Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fishtank Videos Empty PokeSephiroth's Fishtank Videos

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 16:23

I'm going to be posting most (if not, all my videos) on this topic. Mmmm... yep.

-=> Let's start with a little project that I've been working on. They're inspired from those dreaded ecospheres, only better! These don't torture the shrimp, infact I hope they thrive! I want these super nano tanks to be as maintenance free as possible. Hopefully the only thing that needs to be done is to top off any water that evaporates. Feeding should be unnecessary since they can graze on any algae and biofilm that might form on the surface of things. So far so good. I've had this set up for a little over a month now, and one of the female shrimp is berried. That must mean that they're doing well. If I'm successful with this, I plan on selling them, as they do make pretty neat pieces around the house, it definitely makes a great conversation starter!

-=> My 2.5 Gallon tank is really starting to work! I haven't had to touch it ever since I set it up, besides topping it off and feeding the 4 white clouds that are in there. Eventually, I want to put shrimp in there, but I'm still unsure what kind... maybe I will try my luck with crystal red shrimp, maybe. The cool thing about this tank is the light diffusing background and the light in the back really gives off this awesome "sunset" / "silhouette" look to it, that really adds to the "ambience" in the room. I haven't had any bad luck with any of the plants in there dying *knock on wood* . . . let's hope it stays that way.

-=> Here's an update on the 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank that's in our fireplace. I currently installed a Finnex Monster Ray LED light, and it has really boosted the colors of the fish AND plants! The Sunset Hygro looks so much cooler, and there's an amazon sword in there that looks red, I'm not sure what kind of Amazon Sword it is, but I got it from jrmakawoody. Anyway, The first video shows one of my favorite cherry shrimp, I have no idea how it got THAT red (even without the finnex monster ray) . . . but it seems like all my females are starting to look that red (even though I have a light colored substrate). I plan on using those kind of shrimp in the super nano tanks in the future. Also, because the light enhances the colors of everything in that tank, the neon tetras and rummynose tetras really pop out, without bleeding out the rest of the colors in the tank, which I LOVE.

-=> UPDATE 9/2/2013 - 10 Gallon Tank
This was my first true planted tank, and since then it's gone through various changes here and there. I do miss the older aquascape, but it was just way too hard to maintain. This one is much easier. Perhaps when I get board of this one, I will revert it back to how it used to look. Smile

-=> I will post other future videos in this thread, to help keep the number of topics from getting out of hand, and so that people can reference and find my videos easier. Mmmyep.

Last edited by PokeSephiroth on 2013-09-03, 00:43; edited 1 time in total
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

PokeSephiroth's Fishtank Videos Empty Re: PokeSephiroth's Fishtank Videos

Post  Madness 2013-09-02, 16:28

Very nice tanks Poke, I really like calm and peacefulness of the fireplace tank. Well done. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-02, 16:40

Wow! your plants look amazing!
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 16:40

Thanks madness Smile it really is nice to just lay on the couch, and fall asleep while watching the fireplace tank. All the Corydoras just chill at the bottom of the tank, while the Neon Tetras, Rummynose Tetras and Cherry Barbs, hang out in the middle of the tank, and the Pencilfish just stare at the surface. All levels covered! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 16:42

MorganEA: Thank yas! It took a while, but that tank started out with a BUNCH of plastic plants. I gradually replaced those plants with real ones (in fact, there are still a couple fake ones in there that are so hidden, I can't even see them, and I'm scared of pulling them out because I might end up uprooting the real plants. LOL)

Here is a video of when the tank was first set up. The only real plants that were in there were Elodea and Dwarf Water Lettuce. hahaha...

PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-02, 16:51

Putting the fish tank in the fire place is a great idea! Your tanks are awesome Very Happy 
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 16:52

It follows my ruling to AQUARIUMIZE ALL THINGS!! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-02, 16:56

You will have to find an old tv and turn it into a fish tank
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 16:57

I plan to! Someone actually also created a topic about that and wanted me to do the same thing. Hahaha... I should go to goodwill to find a tv, but it has to be a retro looking tv... =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-09-02, 16:59

yup..that was me....and it wont surprise me in the least when you finally do it...
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganEA 2013-09-02, 17:07

Look in the free section on CL Iv seen a lot on there lately
MorganEA
MorganEA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 17:08

nick_76: Ah yes, it was indeed you. :)once I find an adequate tank and tv that fits the tank, I will see if I can make it. But I probably don't know if I will keep it, so if I make one, it'd probably be for someone who wants one ordered and I would special make it for their needs, since my house doesn't need another tank. lol.

MorganEA: True! Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-09-02, 18:27

you know whats crazy was I was heading to my ex's house (its complicated) yesterday, and as I was nearing her place somehow I thought of that thread and the douglas adams quote I used describing it...and now today once again we are talking aout it......weeeird.... wheres rob serling when we need him
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-02, 18:46

hahaha, dejavu! Razz

I'm gonna see if I can get a quick video of the 10 gallon tank. Just an update, nothing too new.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-09-02, 23:45

Nice videos and great tanks, I like the someone else is keeping it on the small size. I just don't have the space for hundreds of gallons worth of tank (not to mention the money to set them up hahah), but sometimes feel left out with all the cool huge fish that people have. I like the backlit little tank, that's a cool idea I might have to try sometime on my 20 gallon. Is it special material?
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-03, 00:20

LuminousAphid, thanks! Yeah I agree, the biggest tank I have is a 100 gallon, and that's just my tank where I have all my odds and ends put together. It mainly consists of white cloud mountain minnows, a Neon Tetra that I thought was going to die because its fins looked like they were pretty much nipped by some fish... but ended up fully recovering, it now probably things it's a white cloud =P. . . . 3 hillstream loaches, some red cherry shrimp, and...well, whatever else I can dump in there. Hahaha

As for the smaller tanks, I do enjoy having to "balance" them out, and so far I seem to have really good luck without any algae blooms or fish deaths *knock on wood*

The light diffusing stuff is just some kind of plastic sheet, that my partner's huge printer at the office uses (plotter). I could possibly supply you some for your tank(s) depending on their sizes, If you give me the dimensions of the tank(s) you want to try it on, I could cut up some of the stuff and give you some the next time you visit Aquarium Co-Op.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down