+3
nick_76
earthfish
cichlid-gal
7 posters

Go down

Petroglyphs Empty Petroglyphs

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-25, 22:56

When I set up this tank and placed rockwork I had a rock that had some "indentations" on it. Over time algae and diatoms have colored the indentations...this is what they have turned into...what do you see? This tank sits beside our dining room table...I always feel like someone is watching me...YIKES!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Petroglyphs Empty Re: Petroglyphs

Post  earthfish 2013-08-25, 23:16

lol
earthfish
earthfish
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-25, 23:41

wow that's cool...
on a related note, when I was stationed at fort hood, about halfway between Austin and Waco..i found a fossil of something resembling a chambered nautilus about the size of a dinner plate. last time texas was covered in water was 14 million years ago if I remember right..

one of these days im gonna shadow box that thing
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-26, 00:46

call it squidward and you'll laugh instead everytime you see it!!
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-26, 01:05

for some reason, this thread immediately made me think of chariots of the gods, even though its been more than 20 yrs since I read it last
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-27, 10:04

nick_76 wrote:wow that's cool...
on a related note, when I was stationed at fort hood, about halfway between Austin and Waco..i found a fossil of something resembling a chambered nautilus about the size of a dinner plate. last time texas was covered in water was 14 million years ago if I remember right..

one of these days im gonna shadow box that thing
Now that is COOL Nick!! and Kara Squidward might be a good name or maybe Nero .... geez...its the weirdest looking thing and it is kinda creepy when I'm eating...I just keep looking over at it.

thanks for the comments everyone
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-31, 00:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mouse for scale, obviously...these two pieces are all I have of something that died when most of texas was underwater...in killeen, shells are very common but mostly things similar to mussels, but I was lucky to find this large one
(theres a place in fort hood called shell mountain- we used to do field exercises there- named because it seems theres more mollusk shells than actual dirt....no one really gave any thought to why, they all just wanted to be back home)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-08-31, 02:51

nick_76 wrote:for some reason, this thread immediately made me think of chariots of the gods, even though its been more than 20 yrs since I read it last
Me too!! Fun Book.. It's gotten a lot of new attention thanks to history channel's Ancient Aliens Series. Most of which is information found or discovered as a result of Chariot of the Gods
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  master chi 2013-08-31, 03:00

According to Ancient Alien theorists like Erich Von Daniken,author of Chariot of the Gods,Cichlid-Gal has proof ancient astronauts from another planet visited earth thousands of years ago,to provide decoration for aquarists cichlid tanks. LOL!! No Seriously It's True!!
master chi
master chi
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-08-31, 12:18

Cichlid gal, I wouldn't mind it staring at me as long as it couldn't watch me sleep. Haha.

Nick, that is sweet! Did you know that their is a small town called Brooklyn wa near montesseno where you can go to a certain hill and dig up fossils from our ancient oceans too? Not quite as old as yours but still cool. I did a dig on a field trip in college for my oceanography class.... I really wish I could remember exactly how to get there as I donated all of my fossils I found to the professor and the college and I'd still like to have some
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-08-31, 14:51

nick...very awesome fossils

master chi wrote:According to Ancient Alien theorists like Erich Von Daniken,author of Chariot of the Gods,Cichlid-Gal has proof ancient astronauts from another planet visited earth thousands of years ago,to provide decoration for aquarists cichlid tanks. LOL!! No Seriously It's True!!
Master chi....that is just too too funny lol! 

Lloyd...yeah, that rock is not moving to MY bedroom ROFL 
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-31, 16:43

Cichlids are pretty smart.... maybe they did it (with help alien alien alien )
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum