The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby

2 posters

Go down

The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby Empty The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby

Post  Guest 2013-08-20, 00:44

It start with a 36gal bow front tank with community fishes that died or eaten slowly by red blood parrot fish. Bought it cause I didn't know any better and listened to the Petsmart guy. With reading on forums like this one and watching vids on youtube.  Got better at it and also started a 55gal african cichlid tank. Then started  a 30 gal planted/shrimp tank. Upgraded my african cichlid tank from a 55gal to 90gal. Then sold 55gal and 30gal. Then 35gal bow front was converted to a dirted planted tank with community fishes and shrimp tank was downgraded to a 15gal with low light plants. Then a few months later shrimp tank was downgraded again to a 10gal tank and 15 gal sold to get different 30gal for another planted tank. Then sold the 90gal african cichlid tank with all fishes to get a 125gal American cichlid tank

My 125gal American cichlid tank. It has blue electric acaras, rainbow cichlids,  firemouth cichlids,  sp. Goldsaum cichlids, festivum cichlids, Synodontis eupterus cats, clown loaches,  and a pleco
Before picture setup. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Current picture setup[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 36gal bowfront walstad planted tank. It has neon tetras, black emperor tetras, pristella tetras, rummy nose tetras, tiger barbs, harlequin rasboras, angels, kuhili loaches, otocinclus , nerite snails and cory cats.
Before set up(30gal eclipse[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Before setup(36gal bowfront walstad planted tank)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Current set(36gal bowfront walstad planted tank)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My (old aka sold it) african cichlid tank has  White labs, Demasonis, Auroras, Red zebras, OB Fuelleborni, Blue regal peacocks, Blue Dolphins,  Venustus, Livingston, Yellow tail blue acei, Blue johannis, Saluosis, Hongi, Chisumulaes,  M.chipokae & plecos.
Before 90gal tank (a 55gal tank)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Before picture (before I give old 90 gal tank 2 hairline fractures)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After picture. New tank has egg crate under sand. Bottom rocks are rectangular shaped to distribute the weight evenly and are man-made (lighter than real rocks).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 10gal planted dwarf shrimp tank. It has red painted cherry reds, and tiger shrimps.
Before 30 gal eclipse set up[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Before picture 15gal set up[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Before picture 10gal set up[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Current picture 10gal set

My planted 30gal tank. Has angel fishes, albino bushy nose plecos and loaches.
Before pictures set up[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Current 30gal planted tank.

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2014-03-19, 11:55; edited 15 times in total

Back to top Go down

The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby Empty Re: The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby

Post  nick_76 2013-08-20, 00:58

are those eggs on the slate piece to the right?
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby Empty Re: The beginning of SiRWesDragon's aquatic hobby

Post  Guest 2013-08-20, 01:02

Yup. Trying to hatch them in another tank. Hatching brine shrimps right now. I see wigglers now 2nd day. Hope they survive to a dime size to sell or trade.

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-20, 01:12

I had discus wigglers sunday. mom ate them by the end of the day. she drops eggs about once a week, so I get plenty of chances to experiment what works...I guess if I were serious about it, id move them to a sterile breeding tank...but im more along the lines of, "if it doesn't work out this time..ill wait another week"

good luck with yours..
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-20, 12:52

Always cool to see where it all began. This will be really neat to look at in a couple years when you have more tanks (and BIGGER!) and see where it all started.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-20, 13:00

Its actually been only a few months like last winter.  Lol. Im obsessed. Saltwater is my next future project but maybe a couple years to collect the equipment I need slowly to set up the perfect medium sized tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-22, 22:08

I think ur tank has more than enough plants in it....once they fill out at least, however you gotta post pics of the damage you do with that bag o' vegetation you have now
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-22, 22:19

Its for the 30 gal angel tank. For the empty side. But I shared with Freddieb half of the bag. Hes starting out on the plants.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-22, 22:24

Thanks nick. I was also paying it forward. Spot On 

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_76 2013-08-22, 22:28

well, those started from a few clippings I was given + a few I got from CL. my tank was barren, then it grew into a jungle, now I gotta give the stuff away or toss it. otherwise I have no room for fish. good luck
nick_76
nick_76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down