My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank

4 posters

Go down

My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank Empty My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank

Post  Guest 2013-08-17, 18:22

Before 90gal tank (a 55gal tank)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before picture (before I give old 90 gal tank 2 hairline fractures)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After picture. New tank has egg crate under sand. Bottom rocks are rectangular shaped to distribute the weight evenly and are man-made (lighter than real rocks).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SiRWesDragon on 2014-01-16, 18:39; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank Empty Re: My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank

Post  KaraWolf 2013-08-17, 19:15

Loving the new look! the croc head is epically placed XD
KaraWolf
KaraWolf
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank Empty Re: My new 90 gallon African Malawi cichlid tank

Post  DMD123 2013-08-17, 19:31

Looking good! Spot On 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2013-08-17, 20:21

Very nice Sir. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2013-08-18, 00:25

Nice. I use egg crate in my tanks too. I can't tell from the photo how your rocks are placed , but it's a good idea to put the rocks at the bottom of the piles or stacks directly on the crate and then fill around them with the sand.  That way the fish can't dig the sand out from under the rocks and cause the pile to topple.  I learned that after mine dug under and caused rocks to fall and put a scratch on the front glass. Sad 
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-18, 03:19

Thanks fellas. You guys inspire me to go on. I almost thought of selling my africans to put them in better home. Cause I lost their old home but found another same week. Now I want to do a big fish fishtank or saltwater tank. Nah someday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-18, 10:26

SiRWesDragon wrote:Thanks fellas.  You guys inspire me to go on. I almost thought of selling my africans to put them in better home. Cause I lost their old home but found another same week. Now I want to do a big fish fishtank or saltwater tank. Nah someday.
Nice save SiRWesDragon! So glad you were able to catch the crack and replace the tank before something worse happened (*split, crash;floor wet, dead fish). The new tank & set up looks super!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-08-18, 10:30

SiRWesDragon wrote:Now I want to do a big fish fishtank
You know you are a fishaholic when you dont consider a 90 gallon as big. Just so you know non-fishkeepers consider this a 'big fish tank'. jocolor 
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-08-18, 11:42

DMD123 wrote:
SiRWesDragon wrote:Now I want to do a big fish fishtank
You know you are a fishaholic when you dont consider a 90 gallon as big. Just so you know non-fishkeepers consider this a 'big fish tank'. jocolor 
Youre right on that one. My friends and family think im obsessed and stuff. But they dont know how it feels to own and maintain one to appreciate one. Someday bigfish like those madness has, I will own, but not now.Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down