New Plants, not sure what they are

4 posters

Go down

New Plants, not sure what they are Empty New Plants, not sure what they are

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-08-12, 18:10

I picked up some new plants at Denny's Pet Place sale this weekend.  Anyone know what they are?  The plants in question are the far left (large wavy edged leaves) and center back (fine leaves).  Feel free to point out any others as I'm really not savvy on plant names and wouldn't mind being assured of what I assume some are, or are not.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

New Plants, not sure what they are Empty Re: New Plants, not sure what they are

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-08-12, 21:00

left most plant in question to me looks like wisteria and the center back plant in question looks like Cabomba, It also looks like you also have java fern, nymphoides Taiwan, possibly some bacopa, and subwassertang or pellia, another moss of some sort and hair grass. and some hydrocotyle sp. japan or sibthorpioides
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson_p_r 2013-08-12, 22:01

I was staring at the left plant, and noticed it looks very similar to another plant I have in there that I was told is also wisteria. Maybe a different variation? The tallish one on the right with similar leaves in front of the thermometer. The wisteria on the left has a very red stem and much fuller leaves.

Thanks for the list. I'll have to make myself a legend so I can pretend to know what I'm talking about when asked. Smile
anderson_p_r
anderson_p_r

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-08-12, 23:07

Far left looks like Hygrophila Pinnatafida to me.Center back is Cabomba Carolinia (I think).
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-08-13, 13:48

anderson_p_r wrote:I was staring at the left plant, and noticed it looks very similar to another plant I have in there that I was told is also wisteria.  Maybe a different variation?  
The water wisteria in my tanks kinda starts looking like that as it grows closer to my light and/or grows out above the water, so maybe... and as I mentioned in the floodlight LED thread, the moss on the wood looks like flame moss to me
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down