LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets

4 posters

Go down

LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets Empty LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-24, 17:07

Just finished hardscaping last night.  Using willow moss on the manzanita wood.  Got a Fluval LED strip I am adding, will also add some Riccia Fluitans tied down to some rocks at the base of the rock formation.  Inhabitants will be Blue Velvet Shrimps
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For you skagit peeps, you might recognize my inspiration for the aquascape:

Granted the tank is not nearly as pretty as the real thing, but it's a start
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets Empty Re: LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-25, 13:36

LEDs hooked up, tied some Riccia Fluitans to some rocks, and stuffed some java moss into crevices of the rock structure.  Might add a small internal filter on the opposite end of the rocks to add some water movement, and some more small seiryu stones to the base to make the "cliff" less abrupt

It's amazing how much of a difference LEDs can make Smile
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets Empty Re: LJ's 6.6g Bookshelf Aquaruim for blue velvets

Post  plaamoo 2013-06-25, 14:47

Looking good. Even better with shrimp & a fish or 2.
I really like these for small tanks.
[url=http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578 3579 3608 9821&pcatid=9821][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

plaamoo
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-06-25, 15:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sells two models of the Palm Filter...

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-25, 16:30

@plaamoo:  Don't think I'll be doing fish in this one, shrimp only.  Should be getting Blue Velvets this weekend.

@PvtPain66k:  Lol I was just at the Co-Op on Saturday, in fact I think you were there when I was.  Looks like I'll be heading back up there tonight or tomorrow, gotta get some more small seiryu stones and possibly more Riccia Fluitans anyways.  Damn that Cory, always getting my money! Haha
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-06-26, 02:04

looking really nice there LJ Smile

say, what ever happened to you 15 gallon tank? I got rid of all my riccia, and just left the manzanita/madrona wood bare. Seems to look better without the afro riccia lol.
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-26, 13:46

Oh, my 15 is still here, I'll post pics in a day or two. Now be honest, did you REALLY get rid of your riccia because you thought it looked better without it? Or did you get rid of it because it was a pain in the ass to maintain? Hmmmmmmm?
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-06-26, 14:14

stunning looks great Graham.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-06-26, 14:28

Shhhhhhh, don't use my real name, er, ummmm, I mean: who's this "Graham" fella? lol JK...  but thank you... I picked up some more seiryu stones and Riccia Fluitans last night, gonna make this tank look BOSS!
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down