I'm not sure if the wife will go for this

4 posters

Go down

I'm not sure if the wife will go for this Empty I'm not sure if the wife will go for this

Post  binbin9 2013-05-24, 00:51

I just bought some Dinosaur plant seeds. I will need something to anchor a 4th corner at my new house (it's some feng shui thing I read about how to counter act the problems of a triangle lot)

Instead of a statue I thought why not a really cool plant. Gunnera. It kinda reminds me of some aquarium lillys. I'll keep you up to date on my progress of planting the seeds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if the wife will go for this Empty Re: I'm not sure if the wife will go for this

Post  lloyd378 2013-05-24, 01:58

that's awesome! where did you buy it? i bought a smaller version like plant last year. it was basically an ancient chinese cousin to the rubarb.....except you can't eat it. the leaves on it grew to about 2.5 feet last year, but nothing like that monster that you just picked up.

if you want to check out a cool nursery, head to jungle fever on the road to point defiance zoo. or head over to vashon island..... we went there(the island) to get the bright red, WA hardy Australian bottle brush plants that you see all over the zoo. we made a day out of both nurseries.... and i want to go back
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if the wife will go for this Empty Re: I'm not sure if the wife will go for this

Post  binbin9 2013-05-24, 02:09

Got it off of fleabay. =)

I've driven by that place but it was closed and I've been wanting to go back. I will make a visit sometime.
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-05-24, 02:17

it was closed when we went too, but the gate was open so I called out and the owner came and gave us a tour and we bought some plants from him.... he was a true hippie(peaceful, kind, and very knowledgeable about plants). he lives in the house behind the nursery, so if it closed, you might just go knock on his door. i really don't think he would mind.
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-05-24, 11:23

Nice Smile Good luck!

My parents have a giant sequoia growing in their yard. It's half shaded so it's not growing super fast (been there for 20 years so far maybe). My uncle (who gave the giant sequoia sapling to my dad) has one planted at the same time and it's at least 3x higher and quite beautiful now. It looks like a perfectly groomed Christmas tree, in fact, probably about 60 feet tall or more.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-28, 19:01

Got my seeds. I'll get them planted tonight.

binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-05-28, 19:12

Perfect for an emersed grow setup. You have a garage for it?? Very Happy
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-28, 19:35

LOL - I'm gonna need a covered swimming pool
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-05-28, 19:36

Hehe, that's the spirit! Smile
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-05-29, 14:14

Reminds me of a story with 'magic beans'....

That is one monstrous plant! affraid
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-29, 14:36

Seeds planted!
Humidity - check
Moist Soil - check
Just below the surface - check
Light - check
temperature - about 60-65

I even baked my soil for a while and it didn't smell like burrito night in my house.

binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum