The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get

2 posters

Go down

The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get Empty The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get

Post  binbin9 2013-05-22, 14:31

Caloglossa cf. beccarii

Super rare red algae, that grows like a moss. Tom Barr says it grows like BBA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get Empty Re: The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get

Post  Guest 2013-05-22, 14:42

ooooh.... that's interesting. getting my research hat on...

Back to top Go down

The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get Empty Re: The only Algae you want in your tank but can never get

Post  Guest 2013-05-22, 14:50

Wow, unable to find any reading that's not college or scientific data (above my level of understanding), All other is in different squiggle (languages Wink )

Binbin9, do you have any resources of reading on this interesting algae?

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-22, 14:53

only some info from a polish site. I had to go to deep for this one.

In short
plant height in the tank: the form and shape similar to liverworts, overgrown roots and stones, thallus grows without compromising on quality to ~ 1-2 cm thick - thicker begins to die from the inside
temperature: 20-28 ° C
required lighting: tested 0.3 In the 1Wl, each growing (faster or slower, of course )
pH: no more important (to the extent permitted in the aquarium)
Water Hardness: any (as permitted in the aquarium)
Fertilization: not required but highly recommended (accelerated development) ,
CO2 is not required but firmly accelerates the development of
medium: any plant is attached to the roots / rocks
Growth rate: the average, as compared with, for example wgłębką small
growing difficulty: Easy Full Description: Caloglossa is algae (kelp) is likely to Rhodophyta, colors which takes in an aquarium is usually brown-maroon (rather depend on the color of the lamp, and not from fertilization) bit of information on this subject can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Problems: I do not recommend too close to the company moss or liverwort (the idea is to not touch each other), it is sufficient that one thallus misplaces the clump of moss and begins to stir Gallery
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-05-22, 15:48

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen this in the hobby. Have u?

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamental Jester 2013-05-22, 15:50

Now, the big question is, where the heck can we get this stuff!
Lamental Jester
Lamental Jester
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-05-22, 16:48

there's a guy in TX that has some but it grows slow and he is always out. I'll let you know if I can get some. There's definitely not alot of info or people who know about it and it's super rare in the hobby.

But like me, and eventually tons of other folks, as soon as you see it it becomes a small obsession to get some.

binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down