how to breed bettas

Go down

how to breed bettas  Empty how to breed bettas

Post  Guest 2013-04-17, 16:50

Ok so here's the deal a couple months ago I picked up I think 4 bettas from binbin9 he told how to breed them and everything. This is nothing on him its all on me. I went home and tried it no luck bought 2 new bettas no luck. Finally I sold most of them and kept a few well... now I have around 9 and want to try again can somebody please go threw the steps of how? there is to many opinions on the internet and thought I would ask somebody who has done it before with success. Also can I breed a crowntail to a delta tai?l or does it matter>

Back to top Go down

how to breed bettas  Empty Re: how to breed bettas

Post  CrazedAce 2013-04-17, 19:45

You can mix and match different types, though I've only done delta male with crown female. Feed high quality food (bloodworms are good) for a couple weeks where they can see each other, I like using dividers. Put in a piece of styrofoam (something that can hold the bubbles under it) and allow him to make his nest before placing the female in with him. I've pit females in before he had a good nest and they still bred, it just makes the males job a lot harder on him. Leave the female in for a day and then remove.

The male could be pretty aggressive, so keep an eye on them throughout the day. I've successfully bred a pair five times before the female died of infection. You will want to invest some money into remedies that help the females recover, as it is extremely stressful for them. You will also need to get some food for the fry. That is where mixed reviews on what to feed them come in. I haven't found the best food for them yet, though I will be using a spirulina powder mix for my current batch.

CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-18, 00:09

Cool!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down