My newest plans!

4 posters

Go down

My newest plans! Empty My newest plans!

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 15:08

So I have been keeping fish for about 3+ months so now that I am really in to keeping. thought I would kinda tell you guys my plan and about my tanks. I have lots of plans and can't wait till I have the ultimate fish tank! I am planning on have 10 tanks when my plans are said and done NO LESS maybe more. You probably
will see that on my signature it says, I NEED MORE TANK affraid! I see so many awesome fish and I say to myself someday,someday. so now on to my plan!

20 gallon tall
plan: rd fry and grow out tank
No plants just gravel and pots with a sponge filter and heater

55 gallon
plan: african cichlid tank
no plants just gravel

20 long
Plan: community tank for semi- aggressive
planted driftwood and gravel

5 gallon
plan: NANO!
brigetae rasboras
planted

30 gallon
planted and driftwood pleco breeding tank

Loach tank plans coming soon!

that's all for now more soon, my current stock on fish is in my signature will have more by the auction. GSAS auction

Last edited by earthfish on 2013-04-11, 18:07; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

My newest plans! Empty Re: My newest plans!

Post  BillHN 2013-04-11, 16:57

My friend uses the shrimplets (as aforementioned in the evolve8) to feed guppies (and normally I see guppies eat the baby shrimplets without a second thought), so I'd think about putting in guppies with the rcs xD

But someone else with more experience will give out some info in a bit xD
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 17:10

BillHN wrote:My friend uses the shrimplets (as aforementioned in the evolve8) to feed guppies (and normally I see guppies eat the baby shrimplets without a second thought), so I'd think about putting in guppies with the rcs xD

But someone else with more experience will give out some info in a bit xD

Not rcs! I am planning on doing a little larger shrimp

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-04-11, 17:15

Ooo what kinds?
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-04-11, 17:19

i wouldnt mix them with guppies. back when i first got into shrimp (didnt work out well lolz) the guppies i got ate EVERY batch of babies. even when i only had the one male left he still went crazy for em.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 17:20

the bamboos or maybe even lobsters Ooo Aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-04-11, 17:24

Lobsters can escape (know a friend whose had to throw it back into her tank a couple of times)
And Bamboos can get expensive, and only breed in brackish.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 17:52

I'm not planning on breeding them I don't think

Back to top Go down

Post  Addicted2CAs 2013-04-11, 17:58

I would take the driftwood out of the African Cichlid setup as well if thats what you plan on doing. The tannins in the wood help to soften water and lower the ph. Go for some sort of rock heavy in the carbonates such as texas holey or corals to help make the water hard and raise ph for africans. I'm sure the awesome african keepers can tell you more!
Addicted2CAs
Addicted2CAs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 18:06

Ok addicted2cas I will I put my plans up to see what I thought so you guys helping me is much apprieciated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 21:25

earthfish wrote:the bamboos or maybe even lobsters Ooo Aaa

Lobsters are neat. Carnivores that will scavange the dead and eat whatever that they can catch in their claWs...
I had a Yabby that was neatO. It got about 6 inches long but had to rehome him because I planted my tank and he loved to eat them...

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-04-11, 22:00

Bamboo / wood shrimp are very easy to keep and extremely hardy, in my experience. As BillHN said they don't breed in freshwater, but they're pretty long-lived and very interesting to watch. They prefer a tank with a good current so they can sift food from the water. If they're picking around in the substrate it means you either don't have enough flow or there isn't enough food in the water. I always make sure I mix some powdered food into the water near my wood shrimp when I feed that tank so it gets enough to eat.

I've had mine for about 2 years now and it hasn't died even though I named it (MLB - My Little Buddy) over a year ago. My aquatic creatures have a tendency to die when I name them... Sad

They're not expensive and as long as you make sure to mix some powered food into the water now and then you won't have trouble keeping one.

Edit: I keep it with community fish up to 2.5" in size without any problems. Mine is a bit over 2" in length, I think.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-04-11, 22:29

that's awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-04-12, 15:22

They're expensive to buy** (Remembers seeing them for about 6 - 7$ a piece) at petco/petsmart xD I wanted multiple wood / bamboo shrimpies, and hearing that I'd have to breed them in brackish made me go :\
And yeah they can grow to be pretty big (and LOOK AWESOME when they're chilling by the current with their hands out then licking their hands for food xD) .
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-04-12, 16:58

I got mine at wild world - I don't remember it being terribly expensive, but probably $6. You really shouldn't keep very many per tank anyway because of how they feed. They're not like RCS. Smile

Mine is very small compared to the ones I've seen at petco - they get huge - nearly 4", but mine is about half that size... not sure why. It's healthy, happy, and hardy, so it could be I just have a small one. They do say the males are bigger than the females... but I don't know by how much.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down