Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish

+4
CrazedAce
MikeB
Salzabar
m_e_loo
8 posters

Go down

Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish Empty Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish

Post  m_e_loo 2013-03-12, 23:14

My name is Emily and I have been keeping fish for a long time, I have ordered fish from many places online and I have never had such a bad experience as I did.

I ordered 1 Purple Flowerhorn Cichlid from RFI, the price wasn't bad, 17.95, but the fish I received after many rescheduled arrival dates was completely unacceptable. He was less then 1 inch long, even though he was advertised as 2-3 inches. He was also absolutely covered in Ich, his eyes where even infected. When I called the manager, Tom Meador he was rude to me. He told me that there was no way that the fish could have gotten ich in his tank because he kept them all at 88- 90 degrees... You can't keep fish at that temperature, no way. He refused to replace the fish, even though they apparently "strive to ship out healthy fish" which he has obviously failed to do.

When I received the flowerhorn, disappointed, I called Tom and was very polite and asked if I could please get a replacement fish, as they do not do cash refunds. He proceeded to tell me that the spots I was seeing was not ich, but abrasion from being caught by the net, but it was obviously ich, and I've never seen any fish get any abrasion from getting captured by a net. After this, he admitted, maybe it is sick, but that I am doing the right thing to treat it.

I still haven't even gotten a response back from Tom, and I'm angered by this horrible customer service, it should never be a customers responsibility to take care of a problem that a fish has when it is received. Especially when they are guaranteed healthy fish. Then Tom makes me out to be stupid and to know nothing about fish. Bad place to get anything from. Don't ever shop there and tell everyone you know. This place needs to be put out of business so no more unsuspecting customers fall victim to this outrage.
m_e_loo
m_e_loo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish Empty Re: Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish

Post  m_e_loo 2013-03-12, 23:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
m_e_loo
m_e_loo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish Empty Re: Rainforest International: WORST PLACE EVER to get fish

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-13, 03:16

That is an ichy fish. The eye color is rather drab for a flowerhorn. Raise the temp and add salt and keep the lights off. Should clear up in a few days. Poor little guy.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeB 2013-03-13, 03:26

Is that an online place? I have never heard of the place but its always good to know when a fellow fish keeper gets screwed, i for one will never give my business to a place that treats its customers like that... due let us know if he trys to resolve the issue though.. Even worse is when a store doesnt fix the issue, hopefully bringing this to light will help solve it....

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  m_e_loo 2013-03-13, 22:42

Yes its online, now the guy wont even talk to me
m_e_loo
m_e_loo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazedAce 2013-03-14, 11:14

The guy obviously doesn't understand that the voice of one person can influence many. Where is he located? Have you given bad reviews on any other sites? I'd also post to other fish forums that might have people interested in his fish. Don't let some punk screw you over from halfway across the world, give em hell.

PS: I hope the fish makes it.
CrazedAce
CrazedAce
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  star_rider 2013-03-14, 12:19

word of caution.. be very careful when posting derogatory or inflamatory information about people, stores etc..

star_rider
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  m_e_loo 2013-03-14, 17:59

he is located in bloomington indiana. And this Info is true not inflammatory. Im trying to warn.
m_e_loo
m_e_loo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeB 2013-03-14, 18:56

their is a differance between slander and stating a fact or how a business is run... ive seen stores try to sue people for loss of business but unless its all false... its not slander its opinion or fact... just make sure like star says have caution.. my advive... document everything.. and dont get rid of it for ages.. just in case... also like others said.. id hit up a few other big sights and post but only if your willing to take the risk

MikeB
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-14, 21:12

If you Bing or Google Tom's site you will get bad reviews of his fish and his customer service. But when you do the same for many other well known sites to buy live fish you will see the same. Everyone gets bad reviews and sometimes bad fish. But bad customer service is the one thing that will destroy your business. Always give excellent prompt service and all the bad things will diminish. But once a bad review is added to the world wide webbs then its FOREVER. It will always be the first thing that pops up on the search engines due to the number of hits it gets. Its a death sentence for any type of business.

To review the service you got from a company is NOT slander as long as you can prove it really happend to you or someone else. Clearly you have proof so you are mearly stating a fact. Don't need a lawyer to figure that one out.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-03-14, 22:21

Salzabar wrote:If you Bing or Google Tom's site you will get bad reviews of his fish and his customer service. But when you do the same for many other well known sites to buy live fish you will see the same. Everyone gets bad reviews and sometimes bad fish. But bad customer service is the one thing that will destroy your business. Always give excellent prompt service and all the bad things will diminish. But once a bad review is added to the world wide webbs then its FOREVER. It will always be the first thing that pops up on the search engines due to the number of hits it gets. Its a death sentence for any type of business.

To review the service you got from a company is NOT slander as long as you can prove it really happend to you or someone else. Clearly you have proof so you are mearly stating a fact. Don't need a lawyer to figure that one out.
I agree
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  star_rider 2013-03-15, 11:58

I do realize there is a difference in slander and liable and whether statements are true or false. but remember there is criminal liability versus civil liabilities.
even tho the statement maybe true and relieve you of criminal issues there are still civil issues which can be brought.. the biggest problem is if you are sued or the site is hit in the 'shotgun' approach.. you would still need to deal with costs to defend yourself.

it's ok to warn folks but take it off line or off site, if you choose to discuss the issue in detail.

just a FYI...

star_rider
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-03-15, 12:07

Indeed - it's a fine line to walk. Lots of bad companies stay in business thanks to herds of lawyers that threaten folks who state facts about them online. It often doesn't matter if what's said is legal or not; it can depend more on how much each side is willing to pay their lawyers.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  star_rider 2013-03-15, 12:48

Exactly....

star_rider
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-03-15, 22:45

Well now you brought up finances. Let me see, online fish store that barely can afford to keep employees or a well employed well educated person. I like the odds. Civil liabilities by definition means there was a crime committed. No judge would rule against any one of us for responding to bad service AFTER trying to resolve said bad service with the stated party. Does that mean that everyone who complains to the Better Business Bureau are criminals? Once complaints are investigated by the BBB and the results are clear no one has been sued over a factual statement about bad service. See for yourself. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sure, be careful when yakking about someone else or a buisness but also know your facts and know your rights as a consumer.

Ok, I'm done with the soapbox. Sheezus Cursing
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  FrontosaDude 2013-03-22, 04:23

That is horrible to hear about the condition your fish was in when you received him; has the ich cleared up at all since posting this thread? I can't handle bad customer service, I always end up losing my cool and hanging up before I pop a vein in my head. When it comes to my fish I stay away from ordering online, I'll order equipment online but that's about it. I like supporting local fish stores and enjoy picking my livestock out and being able to view the condition before making a purchase, and they also treat me right when problems occur. Hope your Flowerhorn is doing better!
FrontosaDude
FrontosaDude
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  m_e_loo 2013-03-24, 23:10

hes doing good now. But this guy still has done nothing about it. I give up I guess.
m_e_loo
m_e_loo
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down