just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins

2 posters

Go down

just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins Empty just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins

Post  haika 2013-03-12, 14:58

The GSAS has offered gently used 75g tank set-ups from Pet Expo in Spokane for the last couple years. This year I decided that I was up to trying something this big. 75g is HUGE for me.....most of my tanks are between 2.5 and 10g. Anyway, my 33L is getting a bit tight for my 2 calico beauties so I've been toying with the upgrade notion. Today I learned that I got first pick of the setups so I'm going with the LED lighting. What a deal!~

If you are interested in seeing where my ryukins are right now, I'm the third video in the 2013 GSAS Home Show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the outside goldies/koi are waking up. In fact, last week I think I fed them baby wheatgerm pellets twice since the tank temperatures were about 42-45F and they were agitating for food at the feeding rings.

Betty G.

haika
Fry

Back to top Go down

just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins Empty Re: just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins

Post  sidekicking 2013-03-12, 22:18

Nice score on the tank betty I bet your goldfish well enjoy the space
What are the plans for the 33L now?
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins Empty Re: just scored a 75g upgrade tank for my 2 calico ryukins

Post  haika 2013-03-13, 10:39

Not sure if it'll go back into storage or what. The Danio choprae sure like that footprint. I'll have to see what vibe I get once I get the 75g tank planted up....don't know whether it will 'say' Danio choprae or not. I do like keeping the two (goldfish and danios) together just for the energy synergy. Since goldfish will be going into the big tank, I'll likely plant it up about a month or so before putting in fish so I have plants that have rooted in and aren't dislodged as easily. Still thinking this tank evolution through.....

Betty G.

haika
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  haika 2013-03-15, 10:00

edited post: The club needed immediate payment so I will just have to wait until I have cash-in-hand or room on the cc....so this may not happen. We'll see. I most likely WON'T get the LED if ANY tanks are still available. The perils of being a fed during budget crisis time....unwilling to take on debt beyond my pay-off means unless it's life-or-death. Some may debate this (wink) but a new tank is NOT life-or-death...

Betty G.

haika
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down