White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass

2 posters

Go down

White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass Empty White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass

Post  Guest 2013-03-07, 19:03

I have been thinking my water was cloudy and it has been driving me crazy. Today I noticed there is a lot of white-ish film on the inside of the glass. It feels slimy. I scrubbed most of it off with a brush but does anyone know what this is caused by?

Back to top Go down

White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass Empty Re: White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass

Post  Madness 2013-03-07, 21:00

I believe it is a form of algae. I am constantly wiping it off my tanks.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass Empty Re: White Film/Slime On Inside of Aquarium Glass

Post  Guest 2013-03-07, 21:08

I have read that the white stuff is formed before it starts turning green. I have also read that it means there is an ammonia spike OR a certain brand of stress coat has caused it. Varying answers on the 'net so I figured I would check here and see if anyone has a more definitive answer. I feel as if there should be something that I can do to prevent it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-03-07, 22:43

it will eventually turn into algae. its easy to miss and will eventually turn into a brown/red algae. makes it easy to clean up. just wiping the tank down each week will help combat this issue. its part of my regiment Smile
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-03-08, 08:41

Thank you very much for your replies. I'm glad it is just algae. I have a couple Bristlenose Plecos in there but they mainly feed off the bottom of the tank and the rocks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down