Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears)

+2
pbmax
binbin9
6 posters

Go down

Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears) Empty Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears)

Post  binbin9 2013-02-13, 18:54

Got some "dwarf baby tears" off of aquabid, but I was a bit skeptical since it looked like duckweed and it floats. However the leaves are about the same size. I even emailed the guy to make sure. He sends me to a link about how they grow better floating so I bought some.

The description calls it as HC and Dwarf baby tears.

I got it today and its a big bag of DUCKWEED. The seller won't admit to it and says he's never owned duckweed. I even contacted the few others that bought it and admitted that what they received was duckweed and not HC. My lesson learned, Don't buy from this guy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is some of his "HC" in my tank BLAH. In the foreground is the bag it came from, What a waste of money.

Does this look like dwarf baby tears to you?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears) Empty Re: Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears)

Post  pbmax 2013-02-13, 19:33

Ugh, that sux. This is why I don't buy from folks with very little feedback - not worth the trouble.

I like how the other folks got duckweed and gave him positive feedback anyway. Evil or Very Mad

Edit: On a side note, I need to get into this racket. With the amount of duckweed I generate weekly I could send my kid to college on the profits! Very Happy
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears) Empty Re: Got suckered on Aquabid - This is not HC (dwarf baby tears)

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-07-24, 15:21

Woooow lol, poke and I are going to start drying out elodea...and distributing it...as....LOL
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  twoohsix 2013-09-12, 22:23

man that's cold blooded

twoohsix
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-09-13, 00:09

That's too bad, I haven't ever tried aquabid but I don't think I would buy anything over a few $$ without seeing it in person. Which I'm sure you didn't spend more than a few bucks, at least it wasn't a huge quantity or anything
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-09-13, 00:22

LuminousAphid wrote:That's too bad, I haven't ever tried aquabid but I don't think I would buy anything over a few $$ without seeing it in person. Which I'm sure you didn't spend more than a few bucks, at least it wasn't a huge quantity or anything
I've had some great luck with aquabid - plants, fish, and inverts. Just make sure you read any bad reviews a seller may have had, don't pick a seller without many reviews, and pay close attention to the photos.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2013-09-13, 00:48

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have bought fish sight unseen from online vendors and have done well so far.... but there is always that risk.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-13, 01:09

Sorry guys but this post hella old and ben has not been on lately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-13, 01:11

pbmax wrote:I've had some great luck with aquabid - plants, fish, and inverts.  Just make sure you read any bad reviews a seller may have had, don't pick a seller without many reviews, and pay close attention to the photos.
 I agree 

Back to top Go down

Post  LuminousAphid 2013-09-13, 10:32

Haha I didn't look at the original post date, I just replied cause someone else had posted recently... sorry to bring up your bad experience again!
LuminousAphid
LuminousAphid
Lifetime Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ckEZaAig5YXpVLIvU1qjg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-09-13, 11:32

And its not mine. Read above. Lol. And no I have great experience with Aquabid and ebay. Read what pbmax last posted about how to deal with these site.Spot On 

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-09-13, 13:05

SiRWesDragon wrote:And its not mine. Read above. Lol. And no I have great experience with Aquabid and ebay. Read what pbmax last posted about how to deal with these site.Spot On 
And one more tip: Always read ALL of the item description!! cheers  Lots of problems can be solved in life by thorough reading of descriptions, directions, etc. Yes, I am a dull person. Cool 
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down