+5
Salzabar
Anthraxx
cichlid-gal
JesseM
binbin9
9 posters

Go down

Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup Empty Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup

Post  binbin9 2013-02-01, 03:43

binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup Empty Re: Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup

Post  JesseM 2013-02-01, 08:45

Those are some nice Blue Velvets you got there! whistle
JesseM
JesseM
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup Empty Re: Just wanna Share my Fish/Shrimp Room Setup

Post  cichlid-gal 2013-02-01, 10:36

Great video...love the way you are using the Poret foam. Never thought to use it as a divider in a tank ... great idea. I might even try using a piece when catching fish rather than plexiglass (as my husbands cuts on the plexi always leave some area that the fish squeeze through and then scrape themselves)...
cichlid-gal
cichlid-gal
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2013-02-01, 15:55

cichlid-gal its a hamburgmatten style filtration system that dbls as a divider. ive seen them used in many growouts, and in addition to sponge filters. i understand they require very little in the way of maintenance and provide excellent filtration. give em a looksie when u get a chance.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salzabar 2013-02-02, 12:09

I use the same setup for filtration in my grow out tanks. I learned about it from this place:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice website BTW. I purchased Koi Angles from this place and they are spectacular along with the foam filter media to set up my tanks. The site has some great videos showing the media and how to set it up.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 2013-02-05, 14:37

Cool video - it's always good to see how other people are doing their fish room!!
Jay
Jay
FishBox Member

https://www.facebook.com/GeilerAquatics

Back to top Go down

Post  binbin9 2013-02-08, 01:46

if you're interested, this is how I made my hamburg filter wall. I used the tubing from some cylindrical sponge filters bought off of fleabay and a 12 inch foam mat with a slit running through the middle of it.

This essentially increases the biological surface area x4 which is great for shrimps.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
binbin9
binbin9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2013-02-08, 08:26

binbin9 wrote:if you're interested, this is how I made my hamburg filter wall. I used the tubing from some cylindrical sponge filters bought off of fleabay and a 12 inch foam mat with a slit running through the middle of it.

This essentially increases the biological surface area x4 which is great for shrimps.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

afro .oO{This is awesome! Maybe post this in DYI section as well so more ppl will bump into it.)

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-02-08, 13:44

Nice Smile I bought a bunch of those same sponge filters off fleabay a while back Wink For the money you really can't beat them - great quality and nice, fine bubbles.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  BillHN 2013-03-02, 07:28

Question. Where do you guys get the leaves from?
I heard there were some kind of cones (pine cones? O.o) that people use as well for their tanks.
BillHN
BillHN
Lifetime Member

https://www.facebook.com/billhn

Back to top Go down

Post  pbmax 2013-03-02, 13:08

I gather leaves from my yard in the fall. Dwarf maple work great, and so do small alder leaves. The thinner the better, really. Just make sure you gather them after they've fallen off the tree and allow them to dry thoroughly before adding them to the tank. It's best to gather from places you know there won't be pesticides or herbicides on the ground.

Nettle leaves are popular among european shrimp keepers. I gather these in my yard and the woods near my house. You can pick them straight off the plant and then let them dry for several days before adding them to the tank.

Alder cones are also commonly used - treat them like leaves in the first paragraph above.
pbmax
pbmax
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hawaiian opae 2013-03-07, 00:58

As faar as the foam tank divider filter are you just running an air line off of that or are you running a power head? I was thinkning of running a power head. If you run a power head what size?
hawaiian opae
hawaiian opae
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down