Playing wall-ball?!

4 posters

Go down

Playing wall-ball?! Empty Playing wall-ball?!

Post  Jessikins 2013-01-10, 00:52

So last night I heard some tinking coming from our hoffa tank and when I looked they started swimming around like normal. I just thought they were playing with the thermometer or something. Well today I was hearing the same tinking noise and when I looked over they were picking up the poor Nerite snail and spitting him at the glass!! I'm guessing they were trying to break it, but how weird!! I am super new to these Americans, so the behavior is cracking me up. Just thought I would share. Lol
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Playing wall-ball?! Empty Re: Playing wall-ball?!

Post  Madness 2013-01-10, 03:35

They are definitely not stupid. I have read that what makes Dovii so dangerous in a community type setting is not their quickness or their teeth. Its that they study the movements and the reactions of their tank mates, and they get to know them and then when it comes time to delete them They attack, usually attacking with a strike to the stomach which in-turn kills the victim or causes it to become helpless, and then the Dovii finishes it off.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-01-10, 04:15

That's super intense! They are amazing creatures that's for sure. They have gotten used to seeing us and now they are showing personalities. Its pretty cool! Very Happy
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  Gryphon 2013-01-10, 11:29

One of my co-workers was telling me about an Oscar he once had. He had just a sand bottom with an 8 ball for decoration. One night he kept hearing this clinking sound against glass, and when he got up to investigate he found the Oscar had made a ramp out of the sand and was repetitively pushing the 8 ball up the ramp and watching it roll back down to hit the glass.
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-01-10, 14:59

Oh my goodness that's funny! I guess they get board too!
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-01-10, 23:35

madness wrote:They are definitely not stupid. I have read that what makes Dovii so dangerous in a community type setting is not their quickness or their teeth. Its that they study the movements and the reactions of their tank mates, and they get to know them and then when it comes time to delete them They attack, usually attacking with a strike to the stomach which in-turn kills the victim or causes it to become helpless, and then the Dovii finishes it off.

My female dovii used to swim right next to the other fish in her tank all day long befriending them. the next morning, she would be the only fish left....

Jessikins, did you get those Hoffas from A.P.? I remember that they had them there. do you have any current pics. of them?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-01-11, 00:01

I actually traded them for some africans I had. I know people aren't huge fans of hybrids but I really like them. They are starting to get a little blue on their fins! I think they are pretty cool fishies!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-01-11, 00:15

Jessikins wrote:I actually traded them for some africans I had. I know people aren't huge fans of hybrids but I really like them. They are starting to get a little blue on their fins! I think they are pretty cool fishies!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice trade! I think they look pretty sweet. They remind me of my female dovii with those markings, but also kinda RTM with those facial stripes. I have a couple of hybrids that I am really digging right now too.
thanks for sharing
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessikins 2013-01-11, 00:32

Thank you! They are a fun pair!
Jessikins
Jessikins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down