Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay

5 posters

Go down

Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay Empty Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay

Post  GoFish 2013-01-09, 13:22

Never thought my Huge Pleco would outgrow my 130 gallon aquarium, but it has and I need to relocate it to a bigger habitat. I am NOT experienced or BRAVE enough to do it. The Plecos new habitat is less than 2 feet from where it is now. No way to coax it into a pipe and it is to big and powerful to net (14-16 inches). Very gentle and trusting, but as I said, big and powerful. If there is anyone out there that could come and grab it by the tail, lift it over the back of the aquarium and release it into a bigger habitat for a reasonable fee, I would be very grateful. I do not want it to get injured again, it has a small injury from decor that has been removed from the aquarium. I know if I could pet it (which it allows me to do usually), grab its tail and lift it over into the new area. I will admit I am scared I will mess it up or lose my grip on it.
If Monsters old owner is out there reading this, they will know exactly where I want to move Monster (In with Bella) and maybe come help me.
Thanks to everyone! Please call, as I cannot be on my computer much this week. My phone number is (360) 481-9223 and I am located by Exit 88 Grand Mound. Not asking for free help, just a reasonable fee.

GoFish
Fry

Back to top Go down

Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay Empty Re: Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay

Post  DMD123 2013-01-09, 16:14

It not too bad if you lower the water level to just about enough to cover the fish and use a wet towel and throw it over him and pick him up.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay Empty Re: Experienced HUGE Pleco Help Needed Transferring to New Habitat Will Pay

Post  Nick_87 2013-01-09, 16:50

Plecos are super tough fish. I end up moving mine around all the time in my divided tanks to clean all the sides. Just pick them up firmly and u should be good. I swear those thing are bullet proof. Twice i had my heaters go out. Once it got stuck on and was over 100 degrees in my tank for about a week while i was on vacation and it survied unlike all the rest of my 100 fish that died. I had those live for more than 10 years. Great fish, super hardy and i love them.
Nick_87
Nick_87

Back to top Go down

Post  hobbyorobsession 2013-01-09, 18:26

dmd'a method is sound its how they move sharks in public aquariums
hobbyorobsession
hobbyorobsession
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cichlidlovers98513 2013-01-09, 19:48

i will give you a call tonight so we can schedule a time to come down and help you move monster..
cichlidlovers98513
cichlidlovers98513
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down