got a vid of my fish

5 posters

Go down

got a vid of my fish Empty got a vid of my fish

Post  baglel10 2010-06-19, 12:59

YAY FOR YUTUBE MUSIC
plz post edvice for me thanks

Last edited by baglel10 on 2010-06-19, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title spelling)
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

got a vid of my fish Empty Re: got a vid of my fish

Post  jettej 2010-06-19, 13:04

NIce set up. And the fish is cute. My only advice is get some Live corals for it. like a Torch. and then add some new guys over there just to make him happy! He's pretty shy!
jettej
jettej

Back to top Go down

Post  lars on 2010-06-19, 13:48

YOU HAVE ONLY HAD THE TANK RUNNING FOR ONE WEEK AND YOU HAVE A FISH IN IT? IF SO GET IT OUT.

And dont get a torch for it unless the tank has been cycled for about a month and a half and you have the adequate 4watts per gallon to maintain its lighting needs.

And dont just add more new guys to it so it isnt lonely, add one at a time, and if you are going to get two or more, only add one once a week so you dont shock the tank with a massive bioload or ammonia spike. Because then it will cycle again if it hasnt started to already.

Dont have over 3 fish in that tank, or your tank is going to be absolutly filthy.

And the powerhead doesnt need to be on unless you have corals. Turn it off and I bet the royal gramma will come out of hiding.
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-19, 15:05

leave the powerhead on, the live rock will die off if it doesnt have flow and the poop will decay on the rocks and ground. if the tank has already had its diatom bloom its ok for fish, but if not your fish WILL die. add some hermit crabs and snails to keep the algea down. if i was you i would add a kenya tree or a really hardy fast growing coral. dont add any more fish for at least 3 weeks so your tank has time to stabalize. then you can start adding fish every 4 days at minimum, best is a week in between. dont add more than 2 fish to that tank please. it is already crowded in saltwater standards. im not trying to be harsh, but if you set it up wrong in the beggining its gonna either cost more to make it right or all your fish, live rock, and corals will die and you will have a big dead fish stew.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-19, 17:32

I think more than two fish in the tank will be ok... how big is it anyway? I love the rock set up.... but yeah, I hope you did let it cycle first before adding fish...... loosing fish to a ammonia spike sucks! I know, just lost a $200 dollar colony of tropheus Lufubu, (very rare tropheus variant), because I didnt let the tank cycle Sad .... it was a rookie mistake but we all make em.....
besides that your tank looks great... Salt water tanks take forever to start really getting pretty though.... its something you just gotta kick back and watch for a 1 yr before it really takes off... Good luck to ya!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

got a vid of my fish Empty oh wait! its a 10gal. lol

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-19, 17:37

I just read how big the tank was.... yeah... 10gal are pretty small..... I dont even know how some people do saltwater in ten gallon tanks.... lol... well, lars does it in a 2.5 gallon, so ask her advice! lol... So, scratch what I said about adding more than 2 fish.... 2 is probably gonna be more than enough for a tank that size.
Sorry, you need a bigger tank! Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2010-06-20, 13:38

i was thinking of doing a 29 gal sw tank but didnt
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-20, 19:00

29gal would honestly be allot easier to keep. More water will keep your perameters from fluctuating.... will also be able to keep more fish, and all this means any kind of life in the tank; corals/fish/alge will be happy! So, time to dump that 10gal setup into a 29gal, and maybe do a freshwater planted tank in that 10gal!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2010-06-29, 14:51

ok so yesterday i was rideing my bike down to my old ellmentry school and i saw a free sign in my freinds yard and i saw a fish tank maby a 30 galhexagon type tank so im gana use that as my salt watter tank its realy tall like 23 inches and 18 inches wide ill post a pic after i get back from drivers ed might start a new post idk king
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2010-09-11, 14:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here is my tank after i killd alot of ditoms its in my 29 gal tank here is whats in my tank
2 fals perc clowns
1 cleaner shrimp
3 black turbo snails
3 hermit crabs
1 scooter blenny
i hope you guys like it im working on geting more live rock and a sump of 10 gal tank once i got that going my tank should be flly matured and ill get a like 140 wat light to start on coral (takes me a while to get money) and thats my tank
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern 2010-09-11, 20:16

Looks good so far, stocking levels are good, you could add a few (3-4) peppermint shrimp or a like sized shrimp and that would be ok.
You can just get some base rock and it will slowly become 'live'. If your levels are all testing out fine than that would be the cheaper route to go.
Yes lighting is quite expensive! If your only wanting soft corals you can just do power compacts. But if your wanting to do different stuff in the future just bite the bullet and get metal halides.

There are a few deep water corals that you can do with just standard planted tank bulbs, I believe there is an anemone that is ok without much light too.
Fern
Fern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down