Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows

5 posters

Go down

Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows Empty Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-11-30, 20:55

So I have duckweed running rampant in my fish room. I'm too lazy to eliminate it via manual removal when it would mean 20+ tanks of it.

I bought a group of 5 Turquise Rainbows. I took a picture of the layer of duckweed in a 55 gallon with them still in the bag. I'm hoping that in a few days or weeks I'll be updating with a tank with no duckweed in it at all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows Empty Re: Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows

Post  Kaosu 2012-11-30, 21:32

my Australian rainbow loved to eat floating plants..and chasing my poor maccullochi rainbow fish..so now he is being held in a 10g with my marbled cray untill he finds a home.

good luck
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows Empty Re: Experiment #1 Duckweed and Turquiose Rainbows

Post  DMD123 2012-11-30, 23:18

I think my pearsei would be in heaven in that tank. All the duckweed he could eat! pig
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2012-12-07, 00:02

I have been trying to find someone around here that could hook me up with some duckweed hehe
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2012-12-07, 00:25

jrmakawoody wrote:I have been trying to find someone around here that could hook me up with some duckweed hehe
Now that its legal.... jocolor
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2012-12-07, 00:33

DMD123, not THAT kind of duckweed haha

I know some people may consider it a nuisance, whats an easy way to get some? search the local lakes? haha
jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-12-07, 00:36

Aquarium Co-Op wrote:So I have duckweed running rampant in my fish room. I'm too lazy to eliminate it via manual removal when it would mean 20+ tanks of it.

I bought a group of 5 Turquise Rainbows. I took a picture of the layer of duckweed in a 55 gallon with them still in the bag. I'm hoping that in a few days or weeks I'll be updating with a tank with no duckweed in it at all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey Cory,

Did you get those Turquoise Rainbows at The Fish Store today? I stopped there today to get a female and they said they just sold the last of them.....was that you?
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2012-12-07, 04:10

Nope, I secured mine from A Place For Pets Smile
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down