Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?)

4 posters

Go down

Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?) Empty Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-07-25, 19:29

The only place I know that sells it, is at Farmland, but they are way too overpriced ($4.50) for a bundle... a bundle being like... three stems. Total Ripoff.
Upon further research, various articles state that this plant is banned in Washington to be sold in stores (tsk tsk, farmland. heh heh heh lol! )

I remember also reading that the plant grows wild in some canals near Ocean Shores, unfortunately, that's a bit too far for me to drive down all the way for a plant =P
Has anyone had any luck finding this particular plant in the wild? Or in petshops that sell them considerably cheaper than $4.50 for a bundle of 3 stems?
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

https://www.facebook.com/kitsapflowarts

Back to top Go down

Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?) Empty Re: Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?)

Post  Seattle_Aquarist 2012-07-25, 20:22

Hi PokeSephiroth,

When I was at The Fish Store on Roosevelt last week I think I saw a tankful. Call first!
Seattle_Aquarist
Seattle_Aquarist
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?) Empty Re: Anacharis Egeria Densa/Elodea canadensis (Where to find?)

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-07-26, 00:53

Thank you for the heads up! Hopefully they do have some in stock, and won't sell em so steep =P
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2012-07-26, 14:07

Just called them this morning, seems that they don't have any in stock. Sad ...

The quest for anacharis continues!
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  jrmakawoody 2013-09-24, 22:51

So i actually found the link for this elodea:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jrmakawoody
jrmakawoody
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeSephiroth 2013-09-25, 03:02

Good find, jrmakawoody, I would also like to add, that:

Brazilian Elodea, is also known as Egeria Densa, which is illegal in the state of Washington.
Canadian Elodea, is also known as Elodea Canadensis, which is NOT illegal in the state of Washington.

There's still confusion between these two, but there are differences between the two Very Happy
PokeSephiroth
PokeSephiroth
Deputy Derp

Back to top Go down

Post  lloyd378 2013-09-25, 05:29

have you tried looking up science supply retailers? (like the ones that sell to schools for science experiments) I know that all seven graders that are in my district experiment with elodea..... they order it in for pennys on the dollar. i gave one of them a few bucks last year and almost got a quart sized bag of it which i had growing in my classroom tank last year. i actually dont have it anymore as i donated back to the science teachers so they wouldnt have to spend money out of their pockets to order more in this year! i also know that wildside pets used to sell it all of the time, though i havent been to their new store in lakewood. i can get you the name of the science supply company if you want?
lloyd378
lloyd378

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down