My 180 journal

Go down

My 180 journal Empty My 180 journal

Post  Guest 2010-06-12, 11:53

Alright this will be a slow journal with me adding to it as I go there will probably only updates to it every few weeks and will take most of the summer. I just purchased the 180 from a place for pets. This tank is being setup for my cutteri pair and my 4 pearsei. I am going to attempt to house about 20 sword tails with them as well. I will be running a cascade 1500 on the tank once I first get it set up and then upgradeing to the fluval fx5 in the future. I have a bit of a challenge with this tank because it is going to be on a stand (that will also be a part of this journal). The stand build will be done with a few requirements. The first is I want the tank to be used as a divider in my family room. So it has to be as tall at the bottom of the tank to sit up above the back of my couch. It will be viewable from three sides so will not have a background. Also I need to have a large enough spot under the tank in the stand for a 90 gallon tank for my wifes red tail boa. This should be a pretty intreseting and challenging project. I will post pictures along the way. So first pics are of the tank.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Have to thank my son for letting me use his body for this. He is over 4 feet tall and 9 years old so this gives you a feel for how big the tank is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This tank measures out a big 72 x 24 x 24 inches. I hope this turns out to be good read and hope everyone enjoys following me along on this new challenge. Thanks for looking.

Back to top Go down

My 180 journal Empty Re: My 180 journal

Post  lars on 2010-06-16, 03:43

lol its a coffin

How much this monster run ya?
lars on
lars on
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-17, 17:30

They are around 800 with the glass tops and tax

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-20, 11:11

I got my 180 the same time you did for 680 out the door with the same glass tops from Sierra Pet in Renton. I went to Kevin at A Place For Pets first, but he was a lot higher.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-26, 00:17

I said they run around 800 I won't say what I payed for it....... Kevin is a good friend to me and I wouldent dream of taking any purchase more then 20 dollars to anyone else. I support his shop and his way of keeping fish. Here's an example for you, last week at around 8:50 I called him with an issue that needed immediate attention he told me that he had what I needed there and would stick around untill I got there. He closes at 9 and I showed up around 9:20/9:30ish. He was there all ready to go but waiting for his customer to make sure my oversight wouldent cost me the lives of my fish. I spent 30 on medicications and about 10 on gas. Him staying for an extra 30 min probably saved me the diffrence of 40/50 dollars. Even if I had to pay a little more for something I would still go there to make sure the place has a good customer base to get us through these "tough times". This isent really on the topic of the 180 this is more about loyalties and he and now you know where that lies. The only other shop that I even bother to visit is the wet spot in portland. I feel that the wet spot is the only other place that is even comperable to a place for pets.

Ok back to topic I have not gotten anything done to start the stand, I am waiting on the carpet guys to install the carpet in the room the tank is going to go in. I hope the carpet guys get that done this week so I can start the project.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-26, 02:57

set the tank on the cement floor, carpet will be uneven and create preasure points in the tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-26, 11:21

The carpet it is going on, is on top of a subfloor I built. While building the floor I had planned on putting a large tank here so it is very well built and only has a 6 inch gap between 2x4's. It was built perfectly level and every step was made to be sure this tank would be on solid ground. A full 180 gallon tank weighs over a ton, it will be fine on carpet. Just like my 110, and both of my 45's are. Thanks for the concern but every step of the way I have made the choices to insure the placement of the tank in this room on the carpet. I even got a thinner pad for the carpet so the stand bottom finds the sub floor easily.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down