Stocking Q's

3 posters

Go down

Stocking Q's Empty Stocking Q's

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-19, 12:34

So I want to add more to my 45gal. Currently has x2 woodcats x2 angelfish x2 dwarf gouramis.

I want to add a couple more woodcats to the tank when I can get my hands on them.

I was about to shoot someone a pm about some adult angels to add to the tank when I started having flashbacks of all the carnage that has been happening these last couple days amongst my new fish and the last thing I want to do is mess up the balance that is happening in my tank right now. I very much would like to add a couple more angels, both mine are gold and are very blah. I however do not want to add angels and end up having a bunch of angels constantly tormenting each other. I've never seen my two bicker, they're constantly by each other and I do not want to screw that up. I just can't make up my mind whether I should get a couple more or not.

Then I started thinking about how much I still want to get some kissing gouramis. Do you think I'll run into trouble with the angels and them?
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Stocking Q's Empty Re: Stocking Q's

Post  aquaman95 2012-04-19, 12:51

kissing gourami are mean imo i have seen them in 3 different environments.pink gourami liplock out of aggression like cichlids so i stay away and i do not think they would be good with angels because they chase things very very much they are a cichlid with gourami body!!!
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratlova30 2012-04-19, 17:38

I would have to disagree with you on that one. I've had them in the past and I think they were an awesome fish. Most gouramis are like bettas in the sense that they all have different personalities. Although you can end up with a nasty one from time to time a lot of them are generally docile in my opinion. In the past I've had a couple in a tank full of 3-spot gouramis and I've had one in a molly breeding tank. I would say there's a lot of displaying toward each other but in the past they've mainly ignored other fish. The one that was housed with my mollies was housed with a school of long fin black skirt tetras with her previous owner.

I think if I got them young I would have lessen the chance of problems if they grow up sharing their space.
Ratlova30
Ratlova30
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2012-04-20, 12:01

I'm not too sure, in theory it sounds like it could work.

What do our resident angel fish experts think? Angelman? Fishloverron? Anyone else?

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down