midas info?

2 posters

Go down

midas info? Empty midas info?

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 12:57

i cant find any solid info on these guys for size and what a good diet would be to keep that big head(kok) healthy and hith free.i am guessin they get between 13-16 inches max size am i right?and mine is a 14 inch pink (nic) hes very aggressive too... cant trust the internet pages i found one saying a adult pair could go in a 55 mine would shatter a 55 no problem
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

midas info? Empty Re: midas info?

Post  Madness 2012-03-25, 14:36

Max 16", A very popular New World fish. Closely related to A. labiatus, (Red Devil Cichlid) so keeping recommendations will be the same for both species. Different variations in color for the Midas Cichlid have resulted in Banded, all Gold, Red/Silver and Gold mottled and even a 'combination' of these called 'piebald'. Males will grow a bit longer in length than the females of this species, and are much more powerfully built, with a large growing bulge on the forehead being the norm called a 'Nuchal' hump. A single 'Wet Pet' fish can be kept successfully in 75 gallon tanks. Successfully keeping and spawning these highly aggressive, powerful fish, once adult sizes are achieved, is best attempted with the 'partial divider' method in six foot long tanks, to protect the females from male aggression. Highly variable personality traits in individual fish may make this protective precaution unnecessary, if the male is proven over the long-term, to be calmer and more peaceful in disposition toward the female.
If you want a large hump you need to give him a reason to display it. He will have a decent sized one, but if there was a female or other fish it would get huge.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaman95 2012-03-25, 22:21

thank you this is helpful when i posted this i hoped you would be the one to answer because i know you have alot if not all amphilophus.his nuchal hump is baseball sized if it got bigger i don't know what would happen he'd probably start swimming upside down from being top heavy.i cant be certain if its pure because who i got it from.if i posted pics of every part and a couple videos would you be able to tell if hybrid or not?also what would you price a healthy pure 14" at.
i got this 14" midas a RD (one of your juvies)female convict (needed to breed feeders) and 20$ for my jag.i think i came out on top was it a fair trade in your opinions?-(everybody)
aquaman95
aquaman95
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down