+5
Kaie
CrashSmAshley
sandnuka
Digsy
Ashley
9 posters

Go down

Hello from kirkland! Empty Hello from kirkland!

Post  Ashley 2010-06-09, 15:54

Hey everyone! I'm ashley from Kirkland. Good to see a more local fish forum! My boyfriend and I are both into fish and currently have a 55gal, 100gal, and a 250gal set up in our apartment. We also have a 400gal in storage until we figure out how we are going to get it inside! We are just starting our first 700+ gal plywood build this weekend so I will record our progress in a different thread! I have a new found love for stingrays and am going to try to breed them in the new tank. I will list all of our fish below.

1 retic stingray- 6"
2 indo datnoids- 3"
1 softshell turtle- 4"
1 albino asian red tailed- 6"

2 Florida gars- 18"
1 RTCxTSN catfish- 20"
1 Orino peacock bass- 11"
1 Occel peacock bass -9"
1 Arowana- 14"

Hello from kirkland! Phone_11
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Hello from kirkland! Empty Re: Hello from kirkland!

Post  Digsy 2010-06-09, 16:17

Welcome Ashley! Nice looking tank you've got there! I'm looking forward to seeing your 700 gallon journal.
Digsy
Digsy
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-09, 17:02

HOLY GOD!!! That tank is amazing!!! and you cram it in an apartment! I LOVE IT! thats true dedication. and your fish.... what an awesome selection, I cant get over how many people keep gars, and bass! thoughs fish are sooo vicious. but i guess in a tank that big you can do that. lol...
Glad you are apartment of WFB now! Keep us posted on all your stuff, Im sure your filled with some great needed knowledge. WELCOME!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-06-09, 17:40

Thanks guys! Yeah we have all three tanks in our living room of our 1bedroom apartment. It's a tight squeeze but we kind of use it as our centerpiece. The tv and everything is in the bedroom, we would rather sit on the couch and watch our fish! lol. The bass are a little frisky and chase each other around the tank but leave everyone else alone. We have them because of their amazing colors. Here, I will post a couple of pictures. The florida gars are probably the most peaceful fish I have ever owned. My boyfriend calls them the floating logs lol. Very cool but really nice fish! You might be thinking about the alligator gar though. Now they are aggressive, lol. Well, see ya around the forum!

Ashley

Hello from kirkland! Phone_12

Hello from kirkland! Phone_13
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-06-09, 18:22

Welcome! Glad to have another Ashley on the site Smile
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaie 2010-06-09, 18:31

HI AND WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid

Just kidding about the drama. But... you have some good sized tanks... wtf. I wish i had an extra 400gal just laying around. Twisted Evil
Kaie
Kaie
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashley 2010-06-09, 19:21

haha....trust me It's almost even worse having one but knowing you can't set it up for 8 more months! Until our lease is up and we can get into a house! Keep checking craigslist. That's how we have these tanks. I check everyday for good deals. We found the 400gal for $200. Just check every day because good deals go quick. You will get lucky!

And thanks for the welcome! Yes, ashley is a good name Very Happy
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post  regan24 2010-06-09, 19:31

I am amazed at your huge tanks! So awesome! I am going to do a ray tank too, when I move out and have the time for them! Way too awesome, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely follow your 700 gallon! So cool!

regan24
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-06-12, 21:05

Welcome to the site! You have some sweet tanks! I wanted to do a bass tank, but got interested in Frontosa and went that way. I had a large mouth bass in a 55 gallon tank when I lived in Florida. I caught him, but he was too small to eat. He grew too big and instead of eating him, I returned him to the lake I got him from.

Back to top Go down

Post  shua 2010-06-13, 09:46

Spyral wrote:Welcome to the site! You have some sweet tanks! I wanted to do a bass tank, but got interested in Frontosa and went that way. I had a large mouth bass in a 55 gallon tank when I lived in Florida. I caught him, but he was too small to eat. He grew too big and instead of eating him, I returned him to the lake I got him from.

Thank you! Yeah I love our bass. So much personality! They follow us around the tank when we do maintenance and they are so damn quick, and gorgeous.
shua
shua

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilydog 2010-06-16, 12:27

It was nice meeting you 2. Hope the tank you got from me fits for you. Is the stand in photo the one you built? Her boyfriend builds custom furniture (thought I'd give you a plug) and especially likes building tank stands (so I'm told and hope you don't mind). Talk to you later

Lilydog
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Dave 2010-06-25, 02:53

very nice tank full of cool fish.
Big Dave
Big Dave
FishBox Member

http://Caldeiraconstruction.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down