High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead

5 posters

Go down

High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead Empty High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead

Post  Lilydog 2010-06-08, 15:44

Yikes I'm a dumbass. Last night I was doing some water changes in my garage and I started the last tank i planned on doing about 1 am. It is a 110gal tank I hold my 24 large adult discus in when they are taki g a break from breeding or I'm trying to pair off with new fish. Anyway I fell asleep tank takes like 30 min to drain. I woke up about an hour later to the realization I had messed up. Lost 4 of my big breeders including the best looking electric blue turquoise I had ever seen in real life. All the rest of the fish seemed to
survive but they look like I used em as hockey pucks since they were suffocating and flopping around on the gravel for a half hour or so. At the same time I was filling my breeder rack (800 gallons plumbed together to simulate a river) and it got a spring flood. The only "good" is the flood was in my garage on the slab out there and not in my house on the hardwoods. I guess that driving while sleepy isn't the only dangerous sleepy activity. I am soo embarassed and angry with myself.
-lilydog

Lilydog
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead Empty Re: High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead

Post  censeoflife 2010-06-08, 16:45

Wow that's rough, sorry about your losses.

I am usually guilty of overfilling my 5g bucket and making a mess in the house. Much smaller scale though. Normally results in angry girlfriend syndrome.
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead Empty Re: High and dry...and i'm not talkin about Radiohead

Post  protocl 2010-06-08, 17:38

So sorry for the loss.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-06-08, 19:47

MAN!!!!! I have seen those discus too.... SOOOOO Gorgeous! big bummer man.... really sorry to hear about the loss. We have all made mistakes and lost fish though.... it happens to everyone.... dont kick yourself too hard. Once again, sorry.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  icer711 2010-06-08, 21:20

you need to make a custom drain with a ball value so it only drain to a certain point and stops is 30% similar to this though my was not built correctly works but is a pain to get started but it works great once going [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
icer711
icer711
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down