So i decided i might like africans...

5 posters

Go down

So i decided i might like africans... Empty So i decided i might like africans...

Post  Zerc 2011-11-22, 23:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hes a bit smaller than I had hoped, but i think it will make a fine addition to my sa/ca tank. Very Happy

Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

So i decided i might like africans... Empty Re: So i decided i might like africans...

Post  Betty 2011-11-27, 21:02

What is he? Smile
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

So i decided i might like africans... Empty Re: So i decided i might like africans...

Post  DMD123 2011-11-27, 22:06

bleekeri?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-11-27, 22:26

DND is right!

he is the smallest fish in the tank, but its been almost a week and hes doing fine, eating and everything.

(my two festae are about 1/4" bigger)

Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfeeney 2011-11-28, 01:10

The Bleekeri are cool, I have one in a mixed sa/ca tank as well. He's a bit smaller than most fish in there but he doesn't take it from any of them. I hear when they grow up they are tough as nails.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthraxx 2011-11-28, 17:17

you do know that the bleekeri isnt from africa tho right?.. its a Madagascar cichlid. either way i LOVED my old bleekeri and would get more in a heart beat. had that sucker trained to bite my house guests.. always funny to get someone to "eat out of their hands". actually broke this one girls fake nail off.. i was dying.. she wasnt tho Sad
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-11-28, 22:04

Yea, but madagascar is technically part of the african continent, and thats close enough for me to post that to get the hopes up of all our african cichlid fans.
Laughing
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-11-28, 22:24

I was confused when I saw the picture. scratch I have no idea what a bleekeri is. Embarassed When I see African ... , I think of the Rift Lake cichlids.

Malawi is my favorite!
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-11-28, 22:33

I may get some "genuine" africans when I set up my new tank, either that or salt.

(its up to the wife)

so far I am impressed with the bleekeri, hes only about 1.5" long including the tail(he was advertised as 2", I think I got the smallest one)

he hasn't become food yet!

on the other hand, my wild threadfin acara advertised at 3" is probably 3.5" with the tail.
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down