Found a deal

4 posters

Go down

Found a deal Empty Found a deal

Post  JimA 2011-09-21, 22:26

Wasn't sure where to post it so here it goes.

Listed on Craigslist, they wanted 500 offered 300 and they took it. A bit high but it's what I am looking for. Going to look at it on Tuesday.

Tank is 72x22x22 according to them. Use to be a saltwater tank so will see and not sure what comes with it? Could be some SW filters/skimmers and who knows what else? The lady just want's it out of the office. Considering my current tank was free and I can sell it along with anything thats with that tank if it's worth anything?

Anyway thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Found a deal Empty Re: Found a deal

Post  sounguru 2011-09-21, 22:32

I would not have gone over $1 a gallon with $50 add on for the extras but hey I'm a cheap old bass fisherman. If you are happy with it then that is all that really counts.

Looks to be a good setup glass tanks that size are sweet...
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Http://www.wartairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2011-09-21, 22:43

I may offer 250 when I get there see if they take it? I really want to see it in person before anything pretty sure I will take it but you never know till you actually see it.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-09-21, 22:44

In my experience once the tank gets over the standard 55g size the $1/gal rule goes by the wayside, and the bigger the tank the more $/gal you end up paying. Plus a stand and hood are typically another $1/gal or so. Overall I'd say good deal if the tank and stand are in reasonably good shape.

But now you're gonna have to buy a new background! Shocked
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JimA 2011-09-21, 22:56

larry.beck wrote:In my experience once the tank gets over the standard 55g size the $1/gal rule goes by the wayside, and the bigger the tank the more $/gal you end up paying. Plus a stand and hood are typically another $1/gal or so. Overall I'd say good deal if the tank and stand are in reasonably good shape.

But now you're gonna have to buy a new background! Shocked

I only want/need one tank in the house other than the 40 in my boys room. So all the stuff background and fish in my 110 will go in this one,including some Afra from you Very Happy I am hoping the tank has a nice canister filter,sounds like the tank has been empty about a year plus she's not sure.

Will add I am not convinced on the tank size 72x22x22 doesn't sound right? I am hoping it might be bigger like 72x24x24 Hard to tell in the picture.

JimA
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-09-21, 23:03

I'd guess those measurements are wrong. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's really 72" long when I look at the heaters in there. But it also looks taller than it does deep. I look the low profile hood, should work nice for freshwater. If it's truly saltwater I wouldn't think it would have a canister filter.
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-21, 23:28

That is a nice tank. It looks to be the 72x18 base like a 125g just taller to me. I would pay $300 for it, that is a nice set up.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down