baglel10
larry.beck
Kaosu
stierwalt3
sounguru
Mikey
12 posters

Go down

Get your pics in for October's POTM! Empty Get your pics in for October's POTM!

Post  Mikey 2011-09-20, 21:53

Rules:

1. If you won last month, you can't enter the month after. (Don't worry about this month, as we haven't done the contest all summer)
2. Send your pics as an attachment to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. Photos can only be taken by you, and may not be edited (photoshop, paint, etc)
4. Include your name, and username or I will not include your photo.

Enjoy and send em in!!
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Get your pics in for October's POTM! Empty Re: Get your pics in for October's POTM!

Post  sounguru 2011-09-20, 22:28

So let me make sure of this ....

No cropping or color adjustment at all .... Shocked That means my images will be close to 33 megs in size alone and can you handle RAW files correctly?
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Http://www.wartairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Get your pics in for October's POTM! Empty Re: Get your pics in for October's POTM!

Post  stierwalt3 2011-09-20, 22:33

You can crop your image! Laughing
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-20, 22:38

stierwalt3 wrote:You can crop your image! Laughing

What size do you want?
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stierwalt3 2011-09-20, 22:41

I've always just sent it in to Mikey and he does the rest.

Here are the rules

The picture must have been taken by you

The picture must be of your own fish/water living creature

You may only enter one photo per month

Your picture will be judged by the forum members using any criteria they wish

The pictures need to be in to me via email (mikeypb23@hotmail.com) by 2 days before the start of the month

Voting will start on the first of each month

The final winner will be announced on the last day of the month

Winner will not be able to participate in the following POTM contest

Voting and Photos submission is confidential

There will be an end of the year contest where the winner of each month compete against eachother

Breaking any of the rules will result in immediate disqualification of photo entry

PUT THIS INFO IN THE EMAIL ALONG WITH YOUR PICTURE ENTRY
Say who you are, along with your screen name
Say the species of fish in the picture.
The photo must not be smaller than 600x600

Most importantly, have fun! [b]

Last edited by stierwalt3 on 2011-09-20, 22:48; edited 1 time in total
stierwalt3
stierwalt3
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-20, 22:42

Well I will wait for him to respond then ... Wink
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-20, 23:05

Just as long as it's bigger than 600 x 600.

You can crop the image, color adjustment ok, no editing. Keep it simple.

Look at previous month's photos. Those are all acceptable
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaosu 2011-09-20, 23:07

pic sent^_^ lets try with my non colorful fish again.. <3
Kaosu
Kaosu
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-20, 23:28

Got it!
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-20, 23:36

stierwalt3 wrote:
The photo must not be smaller than 600x600

[b]

That part isn't a problem in native format my images are .... 3888x2592 or 54"x36" at 72dpi (best for computer screens) 28.8megs in size and that is the .jpg file the Raw file is about 4x that size.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So I'm glad we can crop if needed .... Very Happy

Image incoming... and now away....
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-20, 23:55

Got yours as well, sounguru
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-21, 01:08

Sent, have no chance of wining. But nice way to show off what I can do with a cell phone.

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-09-21, 01:22

Anxious to see the pics from all of the new folks. Us old folks know what each other's fish look like! LOL
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-21, 02:44

Anthony I got yours as well.
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-28, 03:41

We don't have enough for a contest yet...Send your photos in!!

Smile
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-28, 12:05

Come on guys get them in I want to see all the cool pictures....
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2011-09-28, 20:17

ill start to take some pictures might get a good one for the contest... hope so Smile
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-09-28, 21:42

The picture from april still up
it hasn't been change for like months. I don't even bother anymore
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-09-29, 01:20

Sent mine.
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortyKiloGyrl 2011-09-29, 01:21

Sidekicking, it says they didn't have a contest all summer. I know they have been having a hard time getting enough pictures to even have a contest. So add one of yours and help the contest along! Smile
ShortyKiloGyrl
ShortyKiloGyrl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 02:32

ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:Sidekicking, it says they didn't have a contest all summer. I know they have been having a hard time getting enough pictures to even have a contest. So add one of yours and help the contest along! Smile

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-09-29, 11:16

The winner for June's contest was never acknowledged -- Sidekicking, was that your photo? The really pretty saltwater fish?

It's not just difficult getting entries, there really doesn't seem to be much interest in voting in these contests either. Looking back at the last three, 40 voted in one, 35 in the one before that, and 14 in the year end one. Rolling Eyes

I used to set up the photo contest on a small forum and it was the same thing there. A month of asking, reminding, begging for entries and then only a handful of votes.

Like Larry said, I'd like to see pictures from new members. I've sent in about everything I have in past contests.

Mikey, if you have two photos, I think that's enough for a contest! Spot On
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-29, 11:33

Agree as long as there are 2 photos it ought to be held.
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-09-29, 11:35

We now have enough, I'll put it together by Sunday the 2nd

Last edited by Mikey on 2011-10-01, 02:16; edited 1 time in total
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 18:09

Only 40 votes? That's a pretty good number as far as I'm concerned. We are a local fish forum. 20 "fish people" voting on who took the best shot of there prized fish is more then satisfying in my eyes. Its not like we are the facebook. There's just not that many of us. We are a "select" group of people. And for those of us who are active in the forum, and those of us who have gone from super active, to completely inactive, and back to active again. It is nice to see its still kicking along nicely. I have a responsibility here to "moderate". And I went "inactive" for about 5 months. Although I checked in frequently as a guest reading posts and what not, I dident log in. But when I came back and started activly posting and upholding my responsibility again. It was with open arms I was received. Because we are "select" people who share a strong passion for fish keeping. And not many others in the rest of the "mundane" world, understand how we can justify the time and money consuming hobby we are all so strongly tied into. I don't even know where I was going with this I'm just in the mood to rant.... sorry... oh yea and +1 to the 2 pics is enough to hold a contest.

Happy fish keeping.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 18:13

+1 to new people putting up there pics.... I should start a thread for people who have been here less then 6 months to encourage them to post pics.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-29, 18:30

If we had prizes, I bet we would see a ton more activity here. Even if it were a Fishbox bumper sticker!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 18:32

I think having my fish on the banner with as many daily visitor as we get is a pretty cool prize. But that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-29, 18:42

How about the winning photo done up on a mouse pad for the winner? That would be cool!

The banner thing might be interesting. What if the winners fish were the banner for that month?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sounguru 2011-09-29, 18:57

Prizes would be a cool idea but to get those we would have to have more traffic or some angle to get them donated.

Might talk to local LFS and see if they would like to give a $20 store credit or something similar as a prize.....
sounguru
sounguru
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-29, 19:00

Just noticed that the banner pic looks like the April picture winner... Was this part of the prize, besides bragging rights?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 19:01

I was talking about the banner at the top of the page. The prize that is already there. Lol. I think we tried prizes a while back, don't know how it went but it was tried. Maybee someone else can chime in on this and refresh my memory. Would be fun. Might be hard to get prizes because this is a free forum. I like the idea, maybe something cool can come of it. Or maybe a big prize for the end of the year winner instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-09-29, 20:10

quote="fish_n_vw"]
ShortyKiloGyrl wrote:Sidekicking, it says they didn't have a contest all summer. I know they have been having a hard time getting enough pictures to even have a contest. So add one of yours and help the contest along! Smile

+1[/quote]

Shorty I did add one of my photos, back in june and also past months since we started the contest its always off and on. That's why I wont bother anymore

Betty wrote:The winner for June's contest was never acknowledged -- Sidekicking, was that your photo? The really pretty saltwater fish?

and yes Betty that is my picture
its a flame angel fish
saltwater

sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-29, 20:48

I think the prizes might be a little impractical right now, though a very fun idea. I'd like to second the idea of putting the winning fish on a banner for the site. Talk about instant gratification/satisfaction everytime you log on to the site. Smile

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 21:14

@ sidekicking: pity you won't enter anymore, I would love to see more of that flame angel.

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2011-09-29, 22:41

All this ideas about prizes and stuff have been already discuss
Sandnuka(joe) was the one that was in charge of prizes, I think he sent out two prizes and that was the last of that
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-29, 22:44

Yeah, I thought we tried that before. Thanks sidekicking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty 2011-09-30, 11:36

fish_n_vw wrote:Only 40 votes? That's a pretty good number as far as I'm concerned. We are a local fish forum. 20 "fish people" voting on who took the best shot of there prized fish is more then satisfying in my eyes. Its not like we are the facebook. There's just not that many of us. We are a "select" group of people. And for those of us who are active in the forum, and those of us who have gone from super active, to completely inactive, and back to active again. It is nice to see its still kicking along nicely. I have a responsibility here to "moderate". And I went "inactive" for about 5 months. Although I checked in frequently as a guest reading posts and what not, I dident log in. But when I came back and started activly posting and upholding my responsibility again. It was with open arms I was received. Because we are "select" people who share a strong passion for fish keeping. And not many others in the rest of the "mundane" world, understand how we can justify the time and money consuming hobby we are all so strongly tied into. I don't even know where I was going with this I'm just in the mood to rant.... sorry... oh yea and +1 to the 2 pics is enough to hold a contest.

Happy fish keeping.

You're right -- 40 votes isn't a bad number. Very Happy (I had looked at the active members list and saw that many more log in over a period of a few days than ever vote in the contests each month. That's why I thought there wasn't much interest in the contest.)

Anyway, I'm glad there are enough now. Looking forward to the photos.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-09-30, 11:51

when will the photos be posted? i want to see!
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-30, 11:54

Absolutly, I like seeing your africans betty, dident yyou win at some point with a rusty? Duch a cool fish. Your fish make me want to try my hands at a african tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2011-09-30, 15:51

when can we see the pics
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-10-04, 18:46

Any news on the pics?
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2011-10-04, 23:17

My apologies, uploading them to hosting right now.

Edit: My internet is taking too long to upload anything..I'm going to have to make a visit to Starbucks tomorrow for some decent internet.
Hopefully I can fix this soon. Sorry again..
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerc 2011-10-04, 23:27

yay! looking forward to it! Very Happy
Zerc
Zerc
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  baglel10 2011-10-04, 23:48

YAY!!!! x3
baglel10
baglel10
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down