HALP
Adonijah
Madness
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madness's Fishroom Empty Madness's Fishroom

Post  Madness 2011-08-30, 21:45

Just starting to get the videos up on youtube. Here is one of my fish room.

Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Madness's Fishroom Empty Re: Madness's Fishroom

Post  Adonijah 2011-08-30, 22:29

When did you get that 300 long? Looks like I should come swing by and check them out again Very Happy
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  HALP 2011-08-30, 22:43

Looking good!
HALP
HALP
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-08-30, 23:11

Madness, you just had to post that this evening Suspect

At home I have dial up and cant even watch the videos because its so slow. Before you start making fun... I am on a computer all day long at work and am on the internet all day so it really is not necessary for us to have high speed at the house. I actually get tired of being on-line!

Now that is out of the way. I'm sneaking in early to work so I can watch that! Better yet will be checking it out in person this weekend when I know I will end up buying something off you.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larry.beck 2011-08-30, 23:19

Room is looking top-notch Madness! I'm jealous, I think you have a few more gallons than me. Which reminds me, I need to update my list below. Spot On
larry.beck
larry.beck
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-08-31, 00:19

DMD123 wrote:Madness, you just had to post that this evening Suspect

At home I have dial up and cant even watch the videos because its so slow. Before you start making fun... I am on a computer all day long at work and am on the internet all day so it really is not necessary for us to have high speed at the house. I actually get tired of being on-line!

Now that is out of the way. I'm sneaking in early to work so I can watch that! Better yet will be checking it out in person this weekend when I know I will end up buying something off you.

Hopefully he decides to let go one of his females by then, we can all crowd his room Razz
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-08-31, 01:20

Nice madness, I remember when I had a room for my fish..... good times. I will have to come by and see sometime, perhaps when I pick up some loisellei.. we will see. Lookig good though dude.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-08-31, 01:23

Thanks for all the great comments. I noticed that when I video the family, I tend to go for a little longer than I think. LOL explains why I spend so much time in the fish room.

Speaking of one of those females. Here is a video of my Vieja/Paratheraps tank. Withe my WC Devil and Hoga at the end of it. Just realized It wont let me add another video here. Oh well, I will start a new thread.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-08-31, 02:09

It's not even on your yt acc
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-08-31, 02:19

Just uploaded it. Smile At least I thought I did. It is taking forever to go through.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-08-31, 12:12

Wow that a lot of tanks! But I still saw a few places where more tanks could be added haha

Madness you need to open your own store!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-08-31, 12:28

I am really thinking about it. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-08-31, 12:31

I subscribed, now I will see everything you upload.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-08-31, 12:48

Thanks I hope you enjoy. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 00:01

Went and saw the fishroom today (thank madness) and the video dosent do it justice. Very nice, well kept quality fish. I love the nicaraguan dovii male and female. Makes me want a bigger house so I can have a bigger tank. Really good stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-01, 00:11

fish_n_vw wrote:Went and saw the fishroom today (thank madness) and the video dosent do it justice.
Ok what did you end up bringing home with you?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 00:19

3 loisellei, looks like a male for sure (identical to my current male and just a half inch or so smaller) and hopefully two females. Adding the other male has reall made my original males colors come out. So much blue, a lot of flaring and chasing going on right now. But they will work it out I'm sure. Btw madness there is no doubt that bigger one is a loisellei. Its identical to mine although showing some more submissive color right now. They look great together, but there testing eachothers limits. Very happy with my purchase.

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-01, 00:25

I guess I better make room in my tank when I go to visit madness...
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 00:36

Keep up you original one ::smirk::. He has loads of fry, loads and loads and loads. To say he has 1000 is an understatement. He has a lot of fry. You will be pleased with whatever you take home. I was very tempted by some islates (spelling) fry. But I know I don't have room.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-01, 01:01

Thanks VW for the great comments. I try to keep it all looking great. They are like my family, and who wouldnt want their family looking good. Smile

Come on over DMD, sold 2 Dovi yesterday, and a Texas and Carpintis tomorrow. Im on a roll. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-01, 11:58

I will see you this weekend when I bring over the Manzamita. Just remember what ever I end up with needs to be large enough not to get eaten by the Midas, so anything in a 3 1/2" or bigger? Maybe zonatus?
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-01, 13:06

OK. Or maybe a beautiful pair of F2 Escondido's, or a really melow grammode, how about a cool looking Jag pair, or even some awesome looking Freddies, I know, a Mayan Cichlid. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 13:27

All of those were great looking fish. Dident know you were selling adults. I might have picked up something else as well. When I put that big loisellei in my other one went ape for like 3 hours last night. They have chilled out a lot this mourning, and my original is only chasing a short distance every now and then. But last night everything in my tank got a little chewed up. Not bitten just runing into things while the two were going at it. Sucks, but they will all be recovered and looking good again in a few weeks. Geez my 180 is so over stocked right now. Can't wait to get a few fish outta here. I need to sell my catfish and get rid of my pleco and silver dollar. And this sub. dom. Male pearsei is going this weekend I think (dmd we still on). Still very happy with my purchase, and the great conversation. Good times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-01, 13:43

Anytime. Smile Im always looking to clear a few items out now and then. Sometimes I get an itch and really want a certain fish, only to find out, nah I want something different. Ive had the Escondidos since they were 1/2", beautiful fish, but I am on the Parachromis bandwagon now. Smile
The Grammode just doesnt compare to my old one. Maybe it will. Sad And the others, well you know, anything is up for sell for the right price. Very Happy

But as you know now VW, I have A LOT of grow outs that will need a home in a few months. punk
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-01, 13:48

fish_n_vw wrote:And this sub. dom. Male pearsei is going this weekend I think (dmd we still on).

For sure I want that guy. Still planing on this weekend.
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 14:15

Well madness, you let me know when your ready to get rid of istlanum. I was really attracted to you isletus (spelling) as well. I will be looking for something to go in my 150 once it is set up. 1)black belt, 2-4) loisellei 2) breeding pair ideally isletus (again spelling) I think would round of a nice and active 150.

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-01, 14:46

I agree. But that F1 Istlanum you fell in love with Hug is staying with me. Very Happy
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-09-01, 14:59

I figured as much, hopefully you have a few nice sub adult isletas when I get that 150 up in about 6 months

Back to top Go down

Post  VsKitchen 2011-09-03, 09:19

Wow that's a lot of tanks... I could see myself losing track of time so easily in that room! Smile

VsKitchen

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-23, 01:09

Just spent 2 hours in the fish room, kicked back in the desk chair, and watching the kids. It sure didnt feel like 2 hours. I have to give equal time to all you know. Very Happy I know we all have tanks that we are proud of, so I am sure that I am not the only one that sits in front of them all, watching them for hours.

Am I? scratch

I noticed tonight in the 300 that my 2 Kraussi, which I thought was 2 females and still might be, are both occupying the pot that my Hoga likes to spawn in. My big Kraussi is about 11" and the small 6", so maybe I do have a M & F. Also in the 300, my Lenticulata Pike has just ballooned to about 10" long, and he is developing a little attitude. He was flaring and opening his mouth at every fish that came by, then he turned and did it to my big male Hoga. It was like, "Ooops didnt know it was you, sorry dont kick my butt", the Hoga just looked at him and laughed.

The girls in my Parachromis tank are all excited about me bringing home a male RTM (or 2) tomorrow morning. (anyone in the area of APFP first thing when they open, stop on by and say hi)

Over in the Vieja/Paratheraps tank all looks rambunctious as always. I do have one of my F1 Zonatus juvies that has really sprouted in the last couple weeks. (its about 5" now) My male Sieboldi that I just got was chomped in half. Sad But for the most part all are doing great and coexisting very well.

The Xilo's have little wigglers today. The Zonatus and Hogas both have free swimming fry in the same tank.

And the grow out tank is very busy. The Festae along with the Lyonsi, Istlanum, Myersi, Bredohri, Bocourtti, Robertsoni and the Synspilus are all looking exquisite. The rest are looking great also, but just dont match up to the others yet. Here is what else occupies the tank. Honduran jags, Sthalsbergi, Fenestratus blue/red head, Fenestratus piebold, Hartwigi, Zonatus (yes more Zo's. they are from different F0 parents), Syno cats, L114 pleco, snowflake pleco, Ornate Polypterus, red finned botia loach, Red Ceibal, Rytisma, clown loach, & I know I am forgetting someone.

One thing I have to say. Those of you that own New World Cichlids, and are looking for top notch beautiful fish, buy from me. Very Happy Cool Very Happy

What? Rolling Eyes My fish are awesome. Laughing No serious, Gage @ cichlid connection has some absolutely beatiful fish. I have several different species with fish from Gage and some other places. Gages fish hands down, are far more beautiful.

Well I am done rambling. Night. Sleep

::edited:: language
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonijah 2011-09-23, 01:14

madness wrote:Gage @ cichlid connection has some absolutely beatiful fish. I have several different species with fish from Gage and some other places. Gages fish hands down, are far more beautiful.

/Agree x 2346262
Adonijah
Adonijah
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-09-23, 01:24

madness wrote:The girls in my Parachromis tank are all excited about me bringing home a male RTM (or 2) tomorrow morning.
Finally cheers , more hungry mouths to feed coming soon!

madness wrote:I do have one of my F1 Zonatus juvies that has really sprouted in the last couple weeks. (its about 5" now)
Now if I added him to my tank, I would name him... (A bit of an inside joke between madness and I , due to my understocked tank)

madness wrote:My male Sieboldi that I just got was chomped in half. Sad But for the most part all are doing great and coexisting very well.
Any guess as to who did it? Is that in the tank with the ornate poly? Ive heard they can do some damage.

madness wrote:One thing I have to say. Those of you that own New World Cichlids, and are looking for top notch beautiful fish, buy from me. Very Happy Cool Very Happy

All your fish are too little to be in with my Midas, unless a Bifa or Zone around lets say 5" comes up...
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-23, 01:57

So IF my Zo came to you, ya he would finally get a name. Say Rico maybe.

And yes my 12" Poly could have done it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe the Zo will be up for sell. Maybe.....
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishaholic 2011-09-30, 15:24

Drooling again. Im sorry, I am so fascinated by your room. Not that I am inviting myself, but I would love to come look at your collection. I have friends that live in Orting. I haven't visited them in a while, maybe I will soon. Very Happy

Thanks for sharing, and that Poly looks like a beast.

fishaholic
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-09-30, 17:10

Thank you very much. Whenever your ready, just let me know. Very Happy Maybe by then my room will be expanded. Question But thats still a little ways out.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-06, 18:15

Time for a couple udates. These are of my Vieja tank. Took the pics from below the tank level. I think they turned out cool, let me know what you think.

Also a pic of my WC Devils. Boy did my female take a beating in the other tank she was in.

WC Female blue Devil
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  DMD123 2011-12-06, 18:20

I hadnt really paid attention to the pattern on the big old red devil male until just now. He passed along that to a few of his offspring. Glad I got one of them!
DMD123
DMD123
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  vancouver_98683 2011-12-10, 16:06

Madness,
Seen your videos. Nice arrangement! Love the collection and your signature; "A LOT"
vancouver_98683
vancouver_98683
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-10, 16:53

Thank you:)
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  JK47 2011-12-11, 01:23

madness wrote:Time for a couple udates. These are of my Vieja tank. Took the pics from below the tank level. I think they turned out cool, let me know what you think.

Also a pic of my WC Devils. Boy did my female take a beating in the other tank she was in.

Wow very nice! I like how the aurgument stands that if you can't prove where you collected the fish, it has to be a midevil. Show me a A. citrinellus with lips like that ^ lol... I love it. Not sure if you've seen the massive poly they have at the wet spot or not but I saw it this morning and looked to be over 10". I didn't know you were into poly's so hadn' mentioned it.
JK47
JK47
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 01:32

JK47 wrote:
Wow very nice! I like how the aurgument stands that if you can't prove where you collected the fish, it has to be a midevil. Show me a A. citrinellus with lips like that ^ lol... I love it. Not sure if you've seen the massive poly they have at the wet spot or not but I saw it this morning and looked to be over 10". I didn't know you were into poly's so hadn' mentioned it.

Thanks JK. And I do apologize. Very Happy I know I read all of that debate and discussion. All I know is that I have raised Devils forever, and there are some distinctive traits the Devils posses. Plus youd like to think if you order an F0 devil (or something else [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])from a reputable vendor, you would think thats what you are getting.

Ya, I do like the Poly's. Aquarium paradise has a couple of 18 inchers. Dont recall that the Wet Spot had one when I was there last. And hopefully if things turn up for me in the next few weeks, I will be picking up a couple from a friend.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 02:04

Sounds good. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 02:36

Damn. I do have a lot of my off spring out there. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-12-11, 02:38

Very Happy the male looks a lot like yours. is it a possiblilty this is your pair?

Last edited by fishman09 on 2011-12-11, 02:46; edited 2 times in total
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 02:44

It was posted before I bought them. Maybe. I left a message.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-12-11, 02:48

the size seems about right for the time frame too. interesting Suspect
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 02:53

Ya, it was almost 15" when I bought him and now he is 17". Video he was 13" in January. I hope the guy responds. The guy I bought them from said that he recently transferred them from his 150 to the 300 they were in when I bought the whole package.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-12-11, 02:57

i believe the guy that owned these sold them but not for sure but i swear i read that somewhere. his name on mfk is caribemob
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-12-11, 03:09

Hmmmm. We will see. Smile

What are you still doing up on here anyway? I have an excuse my boys are playing fugitive with about 30 people. They all start at one location, and the runners take off on foot and the chasers try to catch them and find them in their cars. They have to go from WinCo to Walmart, which is about 9 miles. Then I have to pick them up. They should be done by midnight. Sleep

Freakin kids. bounce
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  fishman09 2011-12-11, 03:15

i still like to consider myself a kid but its hard for me to get to sleep too early cause i usually work till six or seven then i have about 400 mgs of caffeine and hit the gym and it makes me wired till about 1 Shocked
fishman09
fishman09
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next