jack dempsey q

2 posters

Go down

jack dempsey q Empty jack dempsey q

Post  Guest 2011-07-07, 20:50

tryin this again, hopefully someone will answer it scratch i have a male jd thats about 4 1/2 in in a 55 with some convicts and an acara. if i took out those other fish, divided the tank with mesh and introduced a female (same size or around?) does anyone see a problem with that if the goal is breeding? mostly, im asking in short if anyone thinks that 2 adulkts that did not grow up together would be able to be..... compatible. thanx for looking. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

jack dempsey q Empty Re: jack dempsey q

Post  GilbertonFisher 2011-07-07, 22:48

I think yes, you can do that. It creates genetic diversity. But. I'm not an expert and have no experience with J.D.s

GilbertonFisher
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-07-07, 23:52

Its a tossup. My Jacks were together for over a year b4 they finally spawned a month ago. With that being said, I just put in a female Devil in with my WC male a month ago, and they spawned last week. It all depends. He may not like her, she may not like him. And at 4.5" your Dempsey is far from being adult, he s still a baby. He probably wont spawn until he is up around 8", so your better off getting a small female and not separating the other fish. Let them all live together, it will be a long while b4 they even think about spawning.

My male was 10" and his female was 6". They were together since they were around 3".

Buy a female, introduce her, have patients, and good luck.

Oh, and I have answered your ? in the past also. Smile
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-07-12, 19:22

okay. i didnt realize that it took so long... course he is only about 6 months old so kinda makes scense. Of the two, which would be more likely to show....aggresive dislike? seems like the male, but who should i watch the most? and thank you madness for answering my questions- its just frustrating sometimes cause nobody answers anything

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2011-07-12, 19:27

The female will probably be the aggressive one until the male matures. They will be fine.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-07-14, 16:04

thnx alot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down