Whats wrong with my african butterfly?

4 posters

Go down

Whats wrong with my african butterfly? Empty Whats wrong with my african butterfly?

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-06-01, 04:59

So i have had my African butterfly for about 3 months now... He loves to eat frozen blood worms and crickets. But i tried to feed him since about 3 days ago and he wont eat. I just tried to feed him a cricket and he looked at it and opened his mouth but didn't attack it and his mouth didnt close. I watched him for about 5 minutes and his mouth was wide open the whole time and he was just swimming around. I couldn't take any more so i picked him up to close his mouth and now its closed. I dont know whats going on with him. Does anyone know whats wrong???
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

https://www.facebook.com/christophermbrantley

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with my african butterfly? Empty Re: Whats wrong with my african butterfly?

Post  Gryphon 2011-06-01, 09:39

Whats your water parameters look like? Any tank mates that might be aggressive?
Gryphon
Gryphon
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with my african butterfly? Empty Re: Whats wrong with my african butterfly?

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-06-01, 14:47

No one that would be aggressive to him him and he is the only butterfly in the tank and the only fish that stays at the top. The tank is a 50 so its big enough for him to swim around without being bothered. It was weird when i put the cricket in there he opened his mouth but wouldn't close it. and he just swam around with it open..
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

Back to top Go down

Post  naturalart 2011-07-04, 12:14

That is wierd, have you tried feeding it a live guppy or some other small fish. Maybe this will stimulate him? And when was your last waterchange?

naturalart
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2011-07-04, 14:42

That's just weird. I never heard of anything like that before. Sorry I'm not of help but if you figure it out let us know what the deal is.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pleco_Party 2011-07-04, 17:15

Its okay it was weird... He has passed on now, my gundgen took advantage of him being ill and ate chunks out of him.
Pleco_Party
Pleco_Party

Back to top Go down

Post  naturalart 2011-07-05, 12:46

Sorry to hear that.

naturalart
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down