125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants.

3 posters

Go down

125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants. Empty 125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants.

Post  Rick 2011-05-12, 12:30

I have the 125 set up now and full of water I'm look forward to taking the Grandkids and picking up some fish for it. I read a post on here were they were useing Pea Gravel from Lowes, and I tryed it and like the looks. I wanted something more natural and it fit the bill. I have question about plantsing the tank, can I put the plants in a small tuperwear container to keep the roots out of the undergravel fillter. Before I put it in the tank I could use something like Eco-Complete in the contianers to help feed the plant.

Thanks Rick
Rick
Rick
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants. Empty Re: 125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants.

Post  censeoflife 2011-05-12, 12:39

You can keep them in pots and they will grow really well with soil. "potting mix" in the pot. You have to layer with other materials in the pot though to keep the soil from seeping out. Florite is great too if you can invest in it. In that case you just put florite in them...
censeoflife
censeoflife
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants. Empty Re: 125 gal. Ready for Fish and Plants.

Post  Anthraxx 2011-05-12, 20:38

ya i second the soil reccomend. try looking up some of the articles online about mineralizing the soil. it may take longer but since your trying to get out with the grandkids its the route i would take. (u can find clay and materials locally rather easily) ive been getting out with the gf going out to the woods and digging up soil and going to the beach for the clay. been fun process that i suggest u try as well. GL with your tank setup. less is more when introducing new fish.
Anthraxx
Anthraxx
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down