I HAVE FRY!!!!

2 posters

Go down

I HAVE FRY!!!! Empty I HAVE FRY!!!!

Post  TerenceH 2011-02-09, 15:45

I have a pair of Julidochromis regani, I noticed that they were chasing away my Syno got a flashlight and there are about 30 eggs and fry. They kind of look like little tadpoles. Should I be doing anything special? I did a water change on yesterday not knowing there were fry in the tank. I guess I should go get some brine shrimp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a new thing for me and DAMN I AM EXCITED! bounce I have a date in a little while and instead of shaving and showering, I am looking at these fish and posting on here.

OK I guess I need to stop writing and go get spiffy. afro
TerenceH
TerenceH

Back to top Go down

I HAVE FRY!!!! Empty Re: I HAVE FRY!!!!

Post  Betty 2011-02-09, 17:34

Congrats on the fry. I feed my Julie fry Hikari First Bites or powdered adult food and baby brine shrimp when I first notice them swimming out of the cave. I use a turkey baster to get the food down to their cave. Be careful not to overfeed, it's easy to do with those tiny little fry.

If your filter intake isn't covered with a sponge or some type of material that will prevent the little ones from being sucked in, now would be a good time to take care of that.

Frequent water changes are good for growth.
Betty
Betty
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum