Some i bought a peacock eel.

2 posters

Go down

Some i bought a peacock eel. Empty Some i bought a peacock eel.

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-16, 02:26

he seems to be a rather picky eater he just kinda picks at bloodworms i read online they like worms idk if i should buy some or if i get some from outside and runs them under water to clean parasites off them. in the info the had at petsmart it said they would eat flake food which he seems to have no interest in, the lady said he would kill my neons but he hasnt touched them he doesnt even care about them, he is actually rather docile. he is pretty cool he is about 6 inches long and its cool to watch him bury himself in the sand and build tunnels. so if anyone knows what kind of food they eat that would be greatly apprieciated. thanks in advance.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Some i bought a peacock eel. Empty Re: Some i bought a peacock eel.

Post  Madness 2011-01-16, 02:47

blood worms. I have had a few at times and they would only eat blood worms.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-01-16, 17:14

i've got 6 eels and they eat live tubeafix worms, (frozen) blood worms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp(regular and jumbo, even silver fish and tiny shrimp i found frozen at an asain market.

my son has a tire track that didn't eat for a month. then it decided to come out of its cave and now it eats all i listed above and any medium floating pellet from hikari as well as dried small shrimp and krill.

2 are leopard eels (4" & 6")

2 are orange spotted eels (7"-8")

2 are fire eels (12"+)

and the tire track eel is pushin 16"-18"

Back to top Go down

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-17, 23:17

cool thanks for the info last night i dropped in a frozen blood worm cube and let it get picked at by my rams then i turned off the light and sure enough i saw the peacock dart right over ther and start pigging out lol i think he is scared of the cat he watchs him every chance he gets he espiceially likes it when it comes to cleaning the tank he has already taken one bath luckly it was when i was setting up the tank so luckly there wasnt any fish in it lol. i wanna get another eel but idk what kind what r your guys favorite kinds? on youtube there is a guys with a 30 inch fire eel pretty crazy lol.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-17, 23:22

petsmart said the eel would kill my neon tetras but he has been very docile he will play in the bubbler and dig tunnels and burrow in the sand and all you can see is his head sticking out pretty cool fish well worth 10 bucks very active guy when you turn off the tank light and even sometimes when the light is on. will the peacock eat live fish he is about six seven inchs long i was thinking of buying some small tetra fry but idk cause he doesnt show any interest in the neons now so i dont think he will eat them.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-01-18, 01:58

i think once the eel get comfortable he will eat the tetras, and it will for sure eat small tatras.

the big tire track eel i mentioned will eat feeder gold fishup to a couple of inches.

they will eat whatever fits in thier mouths because they cant take bites.

Back to top Go down

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-18, 03:18

ok he is in with 3 tetras and 2 rams they seem to all co-exist pretty good the rams square off over territory once in a while but they just chase each other around. do u think they would eat ramshores if hungry enough? he is in with my snail breeder tank for my puffer.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-01-18, 16:41

i dont think it will eat snails because of the hard shells.
but if it did the snails shell would probobly clog its guts ad kill it. or so ive been told about most fish. if they cant break the shell they cant digest the snail.

how big are your puffers? i have two green spotted puffer myself they are 2" and 3".
ive had them for almost a year now.

also if your gonna get another eel get it soon. they are comunity fish but they need to be around each other early.

my fire eels are big enough now they will not accept another eel in thier tank. and even my four little eels mite not accept any new ones now.

Back to top Go down

Post  fishfreak360 2011-01-19, 03:44

i got a figure 8 puffer fish he is about three inches long he is pretty cool he lives in a 45 gallon with 2 marble angel 3 clowns loaches a 5 inch hifin pleco and 2 glofish and they all get along really well. kind of a odd ball mix but i like variety it makes things funner.
fishfreak360
fishfreak360
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down