(hamburg) mattenfilter

2 posters

Go down

(hamburg) mattenfilter Empty (hamburg) mattenfilter

Post  Doza 2010-12-13, 17:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok so i ran across this method of filteration after following a link that was provided for a foam tank divider...

And saw the hamburger mattenfilter...
If you are not familiar with it as i wasnt as well... Its like a sponge filter but more efficient.. Can be setup using one whole side of a tank of you silacone in some tabs in a corner you want one and you slide in the foam matt and it will make a corner hamburger mattenfilter... Of course you would do your measuring of tabs and a little math once you figure out how big you want it...

My question is what do you think as far as using this as like a diy Overflow.. Specially if you have species of fry that could get sucked into a conventional over flow.... I see this being allot better of a overflow for a planted tank as well being less disturbance of the water surface being the water is just soaking threw the foam instead of tumbling down a overflow..

Understand i think t would be less effective for bio cause of the increase in waterflow...

Last edited by Doza on 2010-12-14, 01:39; edited 1 time in total
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

(hamburg) mattenfilter Empty Re: (hamburg) mattenfilter

Post  Salzabar 2010-12-13, 23:09

Thats a good idea, but see if you like this idea better....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also click the second video of this series to see more. I think you'll find the maintenance of the filter to be easier at the same time providing more filtration surface area.

Although if your looking for overflow value then your idea would be fine-keep in mind the sponge fills up fast so have small slits cut out at the top or just make sure its about an 1/8" shorter than the tank to keep the water flowing to the power head.
Salzabar
Salzabar

Back to top Go down

Post  Doza 2010-12-14, 01:06

That is the classic Hamburger mattenfilter but which i know of and am also looking a trying on a tank hopefully at some point but i am looking it incorporating that mattenfilter into a Overflow....

The only thing i could see is a possibility of overflowing your display tank becuase of pumping too much water into the tank because the overflows clog up.
Doza
Doza
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down