Some new Geo shots and tank shots..

+4
protocl
Wolf-Keeper1
sandnuka
hbluehunter
8 posters

Go down

Some new Geo shots and tank shots.. Empty Some new Geo shots and tank shots..

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-22, 12:58

Like i said on the thread before this one it's been awhile since i posted pics since i offloaded my rays (man i miss them) But here's some shots of my cichlids i have now.. And of course my Black aro that i hope to never get rid of, i waited YEARS to get him..
I need to do alot of work with aqau scaping and stuff being my tank was bare due to the rays.. I'll take any advice..
Thanks..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Some new Geo shots and tank shots.. Empty Re: Some new Geo shots and tank shots..

Post  sandnuka 2010-10-22, 13:52

The pictures and tank look awesome.... love the black sand, makes the fish stand out so bright!
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some new Geo shots and tank shots.. Empty Re: Some new Geo shots and tank shots..

Post  Wolf-Keeper1 2010-10-22, 13:56

What are those orange fish? Nice aro. Probably going to get one myself.
Wolf-Keeper1
Wolf-Keeper1
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-22, 14:26

Thanks for the comments, it took me years to go with sand and most the time I like it until I have to clean it out of my canisters.. The orange fish are Red Severums, expensive little buggers but worth it once they grow up and color up..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-22, 23:01

That picture were an arowana, geo and that orange fish; reminded me of my stock.
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-10-23, 01:11

tank looks great! i have been fighting the urge to get some geo's. and your not helping out now...lol
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 01:22

I'm trying for more of a show tank.. I know nothing about the whole aqua s aping with wood and stuff but it looks like I have alot to learn.. Lol. So far I like the geo's.. My tank is really mellow now and not a whole lot of chasing and fighting anymore..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-10-23, 01:44

i think it all comes down to personal preference.. if it looks good to you then its good... i have seen your tank and its big. i would try to find a big tree trunk with some roots to put in there. and lots of plants.

but again, thats just me. i looked at all the tank of the months on MFK when trying to plan mine.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 01:50

I need to find some huge piecesof drift wood or a tree trunk like you mentioned.. Not sure where to even start to look for them.. I'm not sure I want to try and tackle plants or not, I've never had any and don't have the lighting either.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-10-23, 01:52

i use fake plants myself.. i think most of my fish would tear up any live plants. i have seen some tree trunks on ebay for sale. i have thought about going to a river somewere and trying to find one, then go through the task of cleaning it and stuff... but seems like it would be alot of work.
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 01:57

Lol..I've thought about going to the beach or river to look for a nice piece too. Not even sure how and teheck to clean it either.. Not like I can boil something that big.. But I do have a rubber maid tub I can soak it in.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rattle1972 2010-10-23, 02:22

Well I got a buddy who said he could pressur wAsh it. And a dishwasher
The wife refuses to use. So I think. Pressure wash-soak- then dishwash lol
Let's go look
rattle1972
rattle1972

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 06:20

Yea I might just havebto go on the hunt for some wood at the beach.. Lol
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  protocl 2010-10-23, 12:15

Geophagus suramensis, correct?
How come most of your stock doesn't have the black dot?
protocl
protocl
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 12:30

protocl wrote:Geophagus suramensis, correct?

Actually none of mine are Geo sp. Suramensus, i have 8x Geo. Altifron, 2x Geo Red Heads, and 1x Geo Jurupari.. I picked the Altifrons due to their large adult size of 12".. I needed something big to fill my tank and also be able to stand up to the rays and a 30" Black aro.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-23, 12:37

protocl wrote:Geophagus suramensis, correct?

I forgot to add, that's why when you posted up your new Geo i thought it was an Altifron too but that black spot on yours threw me off.. Maybe that's the differance between id'ing the Suramensis and the Altifron is the spot..
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey 2010-10-23, 18:48

Looking very good man!! beerchug
Mikey
Mikey
Contributing Member

http://www.wafishbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sonnys503 2010-10-27, 12:33

Wery nice, almost the same setup I am envisioning my future Large South America tank. Love to see the top side of the Male Ray, those Red Severums are cool... I need to have patient.. very nice setup and or fishes. I'm not sure how the white silica sand will do but I use that thing religiously now, hoping to get more. might be too fine for the Ray, otherwise it helps with lighting...
sonnys503
sonnys503
FishBox Member

http://saechaophotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyral 2010-10-27, 17:57

Wow! Very nice!

Something about your pictures make them look like zombie fish! lol..I think it's the eyes.
Spyral
Spyral
Contributing Member

http://www.dinkypage.com/54184

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-10-27, 18:27

LOL.. yea i think it's my bad photo skillz..lol Someday i'll learn how to take good fish photo's.
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down