did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture?

+2
Kingstature
aaronfeeney
6 posters

Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture?

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-05-12, 10:01

I went last night , it ran very late , I got home around midnight. Ad was easy to listen to. He genuinely enjoys the fish, He wasn't the stuffy boring professor type guy. He answered questions and signed autographs. the GSAS auction after was kind of cool ,,, lots of small fish auctioned , lots of plants , one guy got 2 large 5"+ , beautifully colored Jack Dempsy's for $1 each. Africans NW donated 2 small colonies of trophius somethingorother for auction as well, went for about $55 each colony of 5-6 fish.All in All, pretty good deal, I will attend more meetings in the future.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty Re: did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture?

Post  Guest 2010-05-12, 10:40

It was me that got those jacks. The guy behind me was sidekicking. Wish we you knew you were there.

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty auction

Post  Kingstature 2010-05-12, 10:55

Sounds like they improved since last time I was there, I think I will give it another shot when It comes around again...Thanks for the input...
Kingstature
Kingstature
Contributing Member

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty good job on the jacks

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-05-12, 11:15

I was 2 rows behind you , right behind sidekicking( I guess),,, I actually became a member about a week ago ,,, online ...just for pet store discounts,,, another meeting june 8,,, speaker is on aquascaping.
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty Re: did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture?

Post  Guest 2010-05-12, 14:50

Karen Davis is the speaker. She knows her stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-05-12, 15:30

Yeah I was there too
Ad is very knowledgeable and very lucky that he gets to study all kinds of cichlids.
the auction was fun too bad I wasn't able to get anything next time I will be more prepared
I think they had really good deals and their not trying to profit from the auction...fishnvw got a really good deal those two large dempsys for a dollar a piece...I cant believe no one else wanted to bet on those bad boys lol

Hey aaronfeeney is the discount you get from being a member worth joining??
and buying a shirt lol
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty I didn't buy a shirt

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-05-12, 16:37

I only got my card last night , I haven't tried the discount yet,,,, I also bought the cd rom online with membership,,, 30 yrs worth of articles and monthly news letters ,, should be some good info,, I might check that out tonight.just came in the mail monday.

PS didn't those chairs suck???
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-05-12, 16:54

Well it would be awesome if you let us know whenever you try the discount card....to see if is worth paying the membership fee.

God yes those chairs were extremely uncomfortable I kept trying to recline but my chair would just go to the side lol I felt that I could not cause if i did would disturb the speaker cause those dumb chairs would make so much noise lol
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Digsy 2010-06-02, 15:25

I have only used my membership card once, at A Place For Pets. They offer a decent discount, can't remember if it's 15% or 25%. I think most of the other sponsors have much smaller discounts but it's still worth it, in my opinion.
Digsy
Digsy
FishBox Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  CrashSmAshley 2010-06-02, 15:52

what? I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but it sounds interesting!!
CrashSmAshley
CrashSmAshley
Contributing Member

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Kate-Schneider/781865286

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty Jacks

Post  gobluecichlids 2010-06-07, 01:10

fish_n_vw wrote:It was me that got those jacks. The guy behind me was sidekicking. Wish we you knew you were there.

It was me that donated the Jacks... I had em on craigslist for $20 for the pair...took me a month trying to part these, I even had a few no-shows. I had new fishes coming in and they need to go.
gobluecichlids
gobluecichlids
Forum Sponsor

Back to top Go down

did anyone else go to the ad konings lecture? Empty jacks

Post  aaronfeeney 2010-06-07, 09:59

those were good looking fish
aaronfeeney
aaronfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down