Updated pics of tank

+2
alexmuw
ceashel
6 posters

Go down

Updated pics of tank Empty Updated pics of tank

Post  ceashel 2010-08-27, 15:07

I posted pics awhile back of my empty paver tank and some of you were interested to see how it looks now. Wish the pics were better, but it is awfully hard to take a pic of a mirror back tank. Just for the details, it's a 37 gal. tank, I have an eggcrate on the bottom to help distribute the weight, play sand from Home Depot, free pavers that I boiled, plants from dollar store, and an extra sponge filter I made out of a car washing sponge and a powerhead. Got my fishies from icer711, awesome guy Smile. I have 7 cichlids, a pleco (which I'm planning on getting rid of eventually to add a few more cichlids), and some snails. Sorry some of them are kind of blurry, they weren't too keen on holding still.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ceashel
ceashel
Fry

Back to top Go down

Updated pics of tank Empty Re: Updated pics of tank

Post  alexmuw 2010-08-27, 15:25

Awesome looking fortress you have there. It looks good when there's no algae on it. Might want to pick up a UV Filter to prevent algae from growing (since your getting rid of pleco).

Good luck! Keep us informed of your new stocks.

alexmuw

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtang 2010-08-27, 15:44

Is that Anubias? That's CRAZY
Jtang
Jtang
FishBox Regular

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=899370456

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-27, 15:50

LOVE IT! as i said before, those bricks are awesome! what a great idea..... but, I do like a lil' alge, gives it an aged look, especially hair alge! but, thats just my thing.

The fish look great too, good collection, cant wait to see everyone full grown in there. dancin around those bricks.
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintguy 2010-08-27, 18:57

The bricks look very cool. 2 snaps in a circle!
Paintguy
Paintguy
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-27, 19:54

You should take out a couple bricks in the middle.... kinda make a few wholes, nice places for them to do the dance Wink .....

(I want to help, it will be like playing jenga!)
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bakersk8er163 2010-08-28, 07:40

unique..don't know if I get it. but interesting idea.
bakersk8er163
bakersk8er163
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  ceashel 2010-08-28, 14:27

Thanks guys! You know, it's funny. I have had a lot of people look in there and just look back at me like, "okay...but where's the castle?" lol So I'm not sure why it really appeals to some people and others not at all. My fishies seem to like it. Smile

Oh my god, Sandnuka, the jenga comment made me laugh. How much room DO they need to get all jiggy w' it? I have about 9 good holes in there now. But maybe they are not big enough? I dunno. Somebody blow up the thumbnail, take a good look at it, and give me some placement ideas? I like suggestions. In fact, that's why I took some off the top and added the plants.

As for algae, the tiny snails in there that icer711 are awesome. They move faster than any snails I have ever seen. lol So if I pull the pleco, I will probably just add a couple more of those. Also, I didn't like the light from the bulbs that came with the hood and was jonesing to get new ones. But then I went back through some school supplies and found a plastic folder that was tinted a pale blue. Cut that sucker up, and fit it inside the bulb housing. Now I have this pleasing blue tint and it seems to have really eliminated any algae issues I was having. Who knew?
ceashel
ceashel
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-08-28, 16:58

I like it. Its very............ blocky. I think you have done a really good job on this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down