NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income?

+2
hbluehunter
Clogstonian
6 posters

Go down

NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income? Empty NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income?

Post  Clogstonian 2010-08-20, 16:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income? Empty Re: NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income?

Post  hbluehunter 2010-08-20, 16:09

Those are definatley some pimp daddy tanks.. More money in those tanks than i'll ever be able to spend.. Sad
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income? Empty Re: NY Times article: "six figure fish tanks" can you say, massive disposable income?

Post  Clogstonian 2010-08-20, 16:13

one wonders really how much they care about the inhabitants, more a status symbol which means the creatures suffer . . hopefully they throw as much $$ at the maintenance as they have in the setup.

ya, i'm frakin jealous!
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hbluehunter 2010-08-20, 16:50

I hear ya.. I look at the "Cribs" shows and alot them have really nice fish & tanks.. I bet they just pay people to do the work so they can just look at it and say yea that's my tank and fish.. But they don't know crap about the fish or hobby, probably couldn't clean the tank if they had to.. Sad
hbluehunter
hbluehunter
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2010-08-20, 20:34

I have a buddy in NY, his parents have a 1200 gallon tank wall in their summer home in Hampton Bays. They have a full time guy that maintains the tank and inhabitants. They couldn't tell you the difference between a trigger and a clown, but man is it an awesome tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandnuka 2010-08-20, 20:57

if you look in the yellow pages there is a ton of guys that will work and be on call to clean your fish tank.... a huge company in bellevue called clayton acquariums....

To these people its not a hobby, its a eligance/show thing. I want a tank like that... and I dont want to pay someone to take care of it! that would be the fun part for me Smile
sandnuka
sandnuka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sidekicking 2010-08-20, 21:02

Whoa dude those tanks are crazy big
I wouldnt mind having one of those
Very Happy
sidekicking
sidekicking
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2010-08-20, 23:58

fantasy #57.2 ....an aquarium big enough that I could swimming around in
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman42 2010-08-26, 15:22

Those suspended tanks are awesome. I still wouldn't want any one else to take care of my fish even if i was able to pay for it. I would also want it to be fresh water, with big o' Pbass!
Bassman42
Bassman42
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bakersk8er163 2010-08-28, 07:47

Clogstonian wrote:one wonders really how much they care about the inhabitants, more a status symbol which means the creatures suffer . . hopefully they throw as much $$ at the maintenance as they have in the setup.

ya, i'm frakin jealous!

you can bet your *language* they spend s loads on maintenance those fish are some of the happiest on earth...no predators to worry about, no having to find food..they get fed at least 1-2 times a week, and the living ecosystem in a 700 all coral tank couldn't be healthier.

i'm jealous too!
bakersk8er163
bakersk8er163
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Clogstonian 2010-08-28, 10:20

bakersk8er163 . .. . nice flower horn, your?
Clogstonian
Clogstonian
FishBox Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bakersk8er163 2010-08-28, 23:19

nope! I just think it is the bomb. These chinese people in downtown seattle had it. I think the store was just called Little Amazon and I think it's on aurora. They have a bunch of really great Flowerhorns, Arowana, and some rare Salt Water.
bakersk8er163
bakersk8er163
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down