Local places for aquarium plumbing parts

+2
kuhaku89
silicon
6 posters

Go down

Local places for aquarium plumbing parts Empty Local places for aquarium plumbing parts

Post  silicon 2014-08-27, 11:17

Are there any local places (in Western Washington (from Tacoma to Seattle area)) to buy aquarium plumbing parts like bulkheads, I recently got an acrylic aquarium with holes drilled in it for the overflow but there's no plumbing parts that came with it and I've never had an aquarium that's been drilled and I don't want to just seal up the holes.
silicon
silicon
Fry

Back to top Go down

Local places for aquarium plumbing parts Empty Re: Local places for aquarium plumbing parts

Post  kuhaku89 2014-08-27, 11:30

Saltwater city in Bellevue has some
kuhaku89
kuhaku89
Fry

Back to top Go down

Local places for aquarium plumbing parts Empty Re: Local places for aquarium plumbing parts

Post  Madness 2014-08-27, 14:25

Lumbermans has some as well but they are very expensive. Your best bet is to measure the diameter of the holes and buy from ebay or amazon. That is where I buy all of my bulkheads. Like $4 ea, it is really cheap.
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquarium Co-Op 2014-08-27, 15:15

For what I have in stock I sell for $5 each. I believe I have 1 inch, 3/4 and 1/2 inch in stock somewheres.
Aquarium Co-Op
Aquarium Co-Op
Forum Sponsor

http://www.aquariumcoop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-27, 16:58

scratch - Home Depot...
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Madness 2014-08-27, 17:19

fishNAbowl wrote:scratch - Home Depot...

I have never seen any at home depot, does yours carry them?
Madness
Madness

Back to top Go down

Post  silicon 2014-08-27, 23:08

My tank's hole size measures 1 in 7/8ths or 47.625mm, my understanding is I need 1 inch bulkheads (thankfully it's drilled to a standard size?)

I looked at home depot's website and they do have some bulkheads but not my size and also they're like 3x the price you could probably get it online.

Aquarium Coop, if you do sell bulkheads; they aren't listed on your website fyi.
silicon
silicon
Fry

Back to top Go down

Post  fishNAbowl 2014-08-27, 23:41

Madness wrote:

If I remember correctly the last time I went looking for bulkheads I found some at Home Depot.... I was making homemade filters from 2.5 and 5 gallon buckets and installed bulk heads on the side of the buckets. These were rudimentary filters for my feeder fish at the time.
fishNAbowl
fishNAbowl
Lifetime Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bronzefighter 2014-08-28, 17:17

Madness wrote:

PVC electrical conduit, male and female pieces with an o-ring between them work great as DIY bulkheads. I've used them before and never had a single issue.
bronzefighter
bronzefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down